Irrevocable Trust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irrevocable Trust

Irrevocable Trust, grantor/primary beneficiary dies 6/16/08 and the remaining assets are distributed by 7/15/08 to remaining beneficiaries. Irrevocable Trust is terminated and closed.

Calendar year reporting. What is the due date of the 2008 year return? Is it 11/15/08 or 4/15/09?

Thanks,

Sandy

Bump

Sandy I think it would be 11/15/08 but I am not sure. However there is always the possibility of an extension if for some reason you do not want to do it now or do not have the info you need to do it now. I know that if I had a return that I knew I needed to get done by 4/15/09 and I had the option of doing it now I would. But that's because other than CPE and making decisions about advertising I don't have very much going on in my business right now.

Comment

11/15/08

To me, it would be 11/15/08.

Comment

Extension

Thanks Erchess and Kram, my take is 11/15/08 or at least the 15th day of the 4 month after the close of the Trust. Still trying to ascertain the date of closure and of course the Brokerage house won't release any year end statements until late Jan or Feb 09.

So extensions looks like the way to go!

Sandy

Comment

Working...
        X