EA Exam Study Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EA Exam Study Material

A friend wants to supplement her H&R Block course with some home study materials for the EA Exam at a reasonable cost. What have you used that you found helpful, and how much did it cost you? Please include websites, telephone numbers, or other contact information if you have it available. Thanx.
    Last edited by Lion; 07-07-2005, 12:45 PM. Reason: Additional request

EA Exam

Years ago I tried taking the exam by purchasing books that were designed to help you pass the exam. I didn't do a good job of studying, so I failed.

The year I passed I simply took the previous year exam with answers that the IRS sent to me when I applied to take the test. I would practice taking the test, and then check the answers. Every answer I got wrong, I would look up in the IRS pubs to see why I got it wrong. Then I would take a practice test again. Any answers I still got wrong, I would look up in IRS Pubs and try again.

I did that over and over until I could answer correctly all questions that were given on the previous year's test. The current year questions were close enough to the previous year's test so that it was no problem getting over 90% on all four parts of the exam.

Comment

I Agree

I don't want anyone to become disillusioned, but I agree with Bees on this.

Passing the EA exam is about learning how to pass the test. I also studied exclusively from the prior year test. I was amazed at how close the test I took was to the prior year test I'd studied from. I knew people with much more knowledge and experience than I who failed the test. They had tried to learn the material instead of learning to pass the test.

That was how I got over 91% on all four parts of the exam.

Comment

EA Exam

Lion,

Have your friend contact Arthur EA Review. They are located in Long Beach, CA (don't have the address, phone, but they will be found with a Google search, easily).

This course will do what Armando and Bees have suggested, to a tee!

Tell your friend, good luck!

Dennis

Comment

Got it for you

Lion,

Here is the info. Just took a second.

arthur@EARview.com

Bye, Dennis

Comment

Let me think now...how well did I do?

Originally posted by Armando Beaujolais
            That was how I got over 91% on all four parts of the exam.
            92%...Yeah, that's it....I think I got over 92% on all four parts of the exam.....

Comment

Gleim

www.gleim.com got all my staff through the EA.

Personally I took Block ten years ago for EA and used Gleim for the CPA. They all just take the questions from prior exams and redo the same info.

Comment

abby

NATP has prior year tests, and gives you the reasons for a wrong or right answer. You don't have to be a member to take these tests.

Comment

Wiseguides EA Review

She can study just the parts she thinks she needs help in or study all 4 parts. This is a very, very reasonable, online study guide which uses past actual test questions as the material.

I passed all 4 parts on the first try and this was the only material I used to study. I do admit that I put alot of hours into the study though. I was determined.

Comment

Thank you everyone

Thank you very much, everyone, for your advice and experience.

Comment

Working...
                    X