Weird billings you've seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird billings you've seen

This last year I had a new client come in and demand free e-filing, it is included in my basic fee anyway and explained as such. She then demanded free e-filing again - weird because what's really free? Well the previous preparer had done it for FREE and it said so right there on the itemized bill. Along with a $20 fee for the production of form 8879.

Highest bill I've seen so far (per hour of work) is $800 for the production of a 1041. It consisted of two 1099's, a dividend payment and $27 in interest on a money market. That's a sweet rate for an hour of work (he's my newest client!).

My sister-in-law does some side work as a housewife and CPA. She charges $150 "extension" fee for anyone who delivers paperwork April 1st or later. They get the fee whether there is an extension or not!

Demand from client

Originally posted by Roberts View Post
    This last year I had a new client come in and demand free e-filing, it is included in my basic fee anyway and explained as such. She then demanded free e-filing again - weird because what's really free? Well the previous preparer had done it for FREE and it said so right there on the itemized bill. Along with a $20 fee for the production of form 8879.

Highest bill I've seen so far (per hour of work) is $800 for the production of a 1041. It consisted of two 1099's, a dividend payment and $27 in interest on a money market. That's a sweet rate for an hour of work (he's my newest client!).

My sister-in-law does some side work as a housewife and CPA. She charges $150 "extension" fee for anyone who delivers paperwork April 1st or later. They get the fee whether there is an extension or not!
    A client "demanding" anything is an ex-client!

Comment

Working...
    X