E Filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E Filing

I am new to E Filing and was going over the forms 8879 and 8453. Reading the instructions for these forms it says that the Declaration Control Number is completed by ERO. I am concerned about 9-11 (batch #) and 12-13 (serial #) of the 14 digit number making up the DCN. Where/how do you come up with these numbers. I haven't tried to E File yet so don't know if this is something the software will do. However, was concerned because instructions saying the ERO was responsible for this.

E-filing

Your message scares me when you ask a question like that. The first thing you must do is submit form 8633, application to participate in the IRS E-file program. You cannot E-file until that is approved and you EFIN number is assigned to you. You tax software will take care of entering the number in the correct spot when you set up you software.
    Bill

Comment

Dcn

Your software will generate the DCN. You will set up serial numbers and the software will take it from there. Usually includes your EFIN, serial and a numerical sequence for each return.
      "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

E File

Using Tax Act. Contacted them and they said that they would send an E Mail that includes the DCN after return is accepted by IRS

Comment

Dcn

My 8453s show the DCN before I e-file the return.

After I complete the return and do what I have to do to ready it for e-file, I can view the DCN before it's sent to the company for e-filing. Did you fill in and submit the 8863 like BC suggested?

I would make another call, immediately, to Tax Act and verify the conversation you had with them. Something does not sound right to me.

Dennis

Comment

Efin

Have you received a EFIN number from the IRS. The program you are using will automatically
            put the DCN # in the clients file before you efile. You cannot fefile the return without it.
            The software company does not give you the DCN # the program does. Something is not right.

Comment

DCN's

Guys, I think that TaxAct software does this for their preparers. It's a different kind of support from the kind of software that most of us use.

Comment

Working...
              X