US / UK Tax Treaty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US / UK Tax Treaty

Anyone have experience with the 1040NR returns. A UK citizen and UK resident is filing a 1040NR to have refunded to them, withholding from a one-time annuity death benefit that was paid out to them. They were beneficiary of their USA citizen sister's annuity at her death. I have read that the US / UK tax treaty exempts such income from US tax on a UK citizen. I filed the 1040NR for the UK citizen, and the IRS office in Germany sent her a notice asking for the Article # from the treaty that exempts such income. Any suggestions on how to obtain such info. Thanks

UK/US treaty

You might try going to NATP website and look under tax professionals-international
    and call them and ask.
    Have used Merediths Tax Service in Michigan several times for Canadian taxes.
    Have also called tax Preparers in Canada.

Comment

I have pdf files. IRS.gov and search for tax treaty. The first one has a list of all treaties and you can download from there. That must be where I got my pdf files a couple of years ago.
      Last edited by ecb34691; 01-13-2006, 02:48 PM. Reason: additional information

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for those suggestions. I found what I think might be what I'am looking for.

Comment

Working...
        X