E-file Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-file Question

Form 8879 is signed and after client left office I noticed input error I made. Error causes $1 less federal refund. What is the amount the 8879 can be off without a resign?
    Thanks

$12 ??

Think someone answered this recently. Maybe, $12 (14?) tax &/or $50 income or AGI.

Comment

Thanks Lion

I was thinking 10 and 50 but that is close enough for me. Just wanted to make sure.

Comment

The answer used to be on the back of the 8453, now I can not find it, on the 8453 or 8879. I remember the variance for wages was 25.00 and the variance for withholding was 7.00. Well I just found the instructions for 8453 from 2004. It states Line 1 variance is 50.00, and lines 2 & 3, the variance is 14.00. This is not current info, but gives you some kind of guideline.

Comment

From my earlier post on another Thread

From Pub. 1345

Taxpayers must sign a new declaration if the electronic return data on individual
          income tax returns is changed after taxpayers signed the Declaration of Taxpayer and
          the amounts differ by more than either $50 to “Total income” or “AGI,” or $14 to
          “Total tax,” “Federal income tax withheld,” “Refund,” or “Amount you owe.”

From TTB 15-11

Tax return changes require new signature. If a declaration has
          already been signed by a client, and a correction is made on the
          return, a new signature is required if the correct amounts differ
          by more than either $50 to total income or AGI, or $14 to total tax,
          federal income tax withheld, refund, or amount owed.

Comment

Working...
          X