Have you made a client mad yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you made a client mad yet?

So far I had one conversation with an individual that wanted to kick my $&#!

And I told one to go away today.

And it's only February.

I've gotten very irritable at two in the last two days. Actually two yesterday. The first called just as I was taking a break to eat (and had really low blood sugar) and the second is a former client that just got their corp revoked for nonfiling, except that they did. So I gave 'em a copy of their return to send in response to the notice saying they were going to revoke it, because, of course they couldn't find it. Made several appointments to get it before they got a final 'send it in or else' letter around Christmas. Didn't send it certified. Just got the revocation letter. I told her to take it to FTB in person next time.

I mean, they fired ME! After I got a no-change on a Sch C audit. And I'm supposed to bend over backwards?
    Last edited by joanmcq; 02-06-2008, 01:08 AM. Reason: another line of *****ing

Comment

clients might be tense

However, this usually doesn't happen until around April.

Please don't tell me this is what we have to look forward to so early in the tax season! Enough Stress already!

Sandy

Comment

Congratulations on your forthright approach.

Originally posted by veritas View Post

And I told one to go away today.
        I'm trying to work up to that, but right now I'm just telling them they probably need to go to another preparer who specializes in astrotaxes, box cases/sack jobs, lunatics, whatever.

Meantime, I think I'll quiz around a little bit and see what ticks us off.

Comment

Whatever you do

don't insult their intelligence.

That one got me a bomb threat

Comment

I'll be careful of that.

Hey, I liked your "Keep Portland Weird" bumper sticker.

I saw a pretty good one a long time ago in Little Rock -- it was on the back of a battered car. It read "This is NOT an abandoned car."

Comment

Like that one too

Our sticker would be more like,

My other car is Bicycle - or some other dopey thing

Comment

Yes those who want it done NOW

I have one who is so insistent that I do her return NOW!! I said it will be three weeks before I can fit you in...Not good enough for her, she says I have been ready for two weeks, WHY???!!! I replied, I have clients who scheduled their appointments back in December and they come first...especially the Corporate ones...Still not good enough for her...She is one angry pest...LOL

Comment

Anyone who mouths off to me gets their stuff back and is shown the door.

I can be very stubborn at times.

Comment

I had one that called and wanted to know if he could come in NOW. I had a client at my desk and clients coming at 11 and 12 but I did tell him that I could see him at 1, if he could come then.
                    He is the guy that married the Phillipino girl in October. Now he will have wait for his return for a while because we have to mail it in to get a number for her and then the return will be processed.
                    He won't be happy about that. Oh, well. That's life.

Rest of my clients have been super. I have the best clients in town (and out of town).

Linda F

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post

I can be very stubborn at times.
                      You are kidding.

Comment

Client issues

I don't have any of these problems. All my clients love me, especially the female ones 'cause I am such a chick magnet.

You guys do believe me, right?
                        I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

Casanova Sova

Originally posted by Matt Sova View Post
                          I don't have any of these problems. All my clients love me, especially the female ones 'cause I am such a chick magnet.

You guys do believe me, right?
                          A buddy in Grand Rapids told me he thought you had a fling with Michigan's governor. I didn't deny it - I just told him "opposites attract."

Yeah, Matt, I know what you mean. I get so tired of all these women falling at my feet.
                          I can't make them all happy.

Truth of the matter is that I can't seem to make ANY of them happy. I remember once being on the phone with a lady from the bank that said she loved my radio voice and went into a meltdown every time she talked with me. She said she wanted to meet me. So eventually this happened, and we did meet. After seeing me, no more meltdowns. That was the end of her curiosity.

Comment

actually sent my first client packing yesterday. this bozo drops off his records on Monday at 5:45 pm right before I am leaving and then proceeds to come back yesterday not even 24 hours later and starts demanding to pickup his returns. SO I come out of my appointment to see what the issue is and this idiot is basically having a hissy fit because " he wants his refund today and how come his return is not complete". I looked this joker right in the face handed his papers back to him and said never let me see your face again.99% of my clients are the best it is this 1% I just can't seem to shake.

Comment

Working...
                            X