Any TRX PRO users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any TRX PRO users?

This is my 1st year using TRX PRO, and I haven't been too unhappy using it until tonight. Client needs an 8379, and when I open it, the program automatically fills out line 3, current address. When I try to create an efile, the program says line 3 can't be filled out for efiling. I've tried manual override, and that doesn't work!
    I hope there is someone using this program that can tell me what to do.
    Their support office is only open M-F 8-5. I don't like that, either.
    Thanks ahead for any help. Cathy

I have your answer

Go to the top of the screen and notice a box that says to check it if the form is being filed with a tax return. That will take out your firm information at the bottom and take out the address on line three.

The hours you quote are the off season hours for support. The seasonal hours are considerably longer M-F and they are open on Saturday as well thogh not really into Saturday night. Had you needed to contact them you would have found them very helpful if my experience is any indication.
    Last edited by erchess; 02-05-2008, 02:44 AM. Reason: Had another thought

Comment

Satisfaction with this software?

Are you quite satisfied with this software? I need to bring another online and dump ATX....and go to a non CCH software. I demo'd Taxwise and liked it but alas it's owned by CCH.

Comment

Plusses and Minuses

TRX Pro is one of many resellers of Orrtax. I believe that they are the cheapest. I have found that the software works really well and is pretty intuitive. It also costs a great deal less than you are used to paying. However, there are many situations where you have to fill out a worksheet by hand and enter its bottom line in the software. So while I use TRX Pro for most of my returns, I would not be without a pay per return version of Ultratax. Unlike equinecpa I am not disturbed by who owns my software company.

Comment

Thanks, erchess!

Support called me first thing this morning and told me the same thing, and their extended hours. I spoke with Dustin, who was very nice, and quite knowledgeable.
          I'm very happy with the program. Haven't had any situations yet where the program doesn't do the math, but the more complicated ones haven't come in yet.

Equinecpa - I'm a former ATX user, switched for this year for probably the same reasons as you. With TRX, you can enter on the forms, except for the personal information. Calculations work correctly, e-file is easy, I like their printing options. It'll take me a bit to get used to, but, all in all, a good basic program. I definitely recommend it for the smaller preparer. Too, it's heavy on bank products, which I don't use, but it's not hard to ignore that.

Comment

The problem with mixing computers with taxes

is that computers are inherently stupid and ignorant. They cannot reason as well as our pets and they know nothing except what they are told by programmers or operators. The difference between ticking and not ticking one box or putting in one too many zeros on a number will often totally mess you up. That said, computers eliminate mathematical errors and they help the operator avoid theory errors so they are all in all a great boon to those of us in this business.

Comment

Modifying the Business Letter

Ok, I'm now an intellitax user! I was just wondering if it is possible to modify the business letter somehow? I can't see where this is done. I did my personal letters but don't see where we have access to the business letter.

Thanks

Carolyn

Comment

Working...
              X