AMT delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMT delay

I just checked to if an energy credit has been approved for E-File and it looks as though it is. Anyone else seen this yet?

My software says it is not approved yet.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I believe it is in the Tax Rebate bill before the Senate and has not yet been approved the
      last I heard.

Comment

Form 5695, Residential Energy Credits

This is one of the five forms that the AMT patch delayed. They are not available to be e-filed until next Monday, 2/11/08. I received an IRS Quick Alert last week notifying software developers they could start testing their version of these forms starting today for live transmission next week.

Comment

My Software

has lifted the warning on E-File. I use Proseries and from I can tell there is only 1 form left on the delay list the 4136. Even the Education Credit says E-File ready.

Comment

Originally posted by LawrenceGR View Post
            has lifted the warning on E-File. I use Proseries and from I can tell there is only 1 form left on the delay list the 4136. Even the Education Credit says E-File ready.
            I have ProSeries Basic and although the form does not have the error listed on it, when you do a final review, the software warns you that these forms cannot be submitted until 2/11/08. Maybe the software will let you efile and they will just hold it until then, but I figure I will just wait the extra week at this point.

Comment

I have Proseries

and I have the same thing coming up as KBTS said. The final review says to wait until 2/11 and so I have not tried to submit.

Comment

Maybe

it's because I'm using Proseries Pro, I wonder if the LaCerte people got it. I have Lacerte on a PPR and have noticed Intuit upgrades LaCerte faster than Proseries, I wonder if Proseries Basic will get this update later today. I have done a final review on the energy credit and there is no mention of a delay. I am going to start an Ed credit pretty soon I'll keep you all posted on that one.

Comment

mblatour

Originally posted by mblatour View Post
                  and I have the same thing coming up as KBTS said. The final review says to wait until 2/11 and so I have not tried to submit.
                  Looks like you got things straightened out with your program now. Good to see you are up and running.

Comment

My Mistake

After further review the energy credit form is still on hold. I hope I don't get too many of these.

Comment

Working...
                    X