• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five forms

affected by the AMT delay (per today's newspaper) are:

8863 - Education Credit
    5695 - Residential Energy Credit
    Form 1040A's Schedule 2 - Child and Dependent Care Expenses for Form 1040A Filers
    8396 - Mortgage Interest Credit
    8859 - District of Columbia First-Time Homebuyer Credit

Per IRS - returns with the above forms won't be processed until February 11th.

Question: Anybody know if you can switch to form 1040 and use the 2441 instead of the 1040A Schedule 2 to get around that one? Although I put everything on a 1040 anyway and never use 1040A, I don't know if that would be okay in this case.

Black Bart

Answer to your question, YES.

Comment

BB

The answer I've received from JH via IRS is that 1040's with 2441 are ok to file after 1/11. Since we only use 1040 and not 1040A we are ok.

Comment

Thanx boys,

ecb -- that JH "Franch Connection" sure does come in handy. And you're a much nicer guy than my local competitor.

Kong -- 'preciate it. I didn't know we were still speakin', but I'll go along peaceably if you will.

Comment

Form 1040A

I don't see why any tax professional would use a 1040A or 1040EZ. It only seems to make sense for a non-professional who prepares their own return. For a professional, it is just two more forms with their special limitations and different schedules that you have to deal with in addition to the zillion other forms you must deal with.

Comment

Working...
          X