"Mr. Tax"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Mr. Tax"

When I first began tax preparation some 30 years ago, I toyed with the idea of becoming a franchisee for "Mr. Tax."

In those days, there was H&R Block, and virtually no one else in the "chain" of tax shops. There were fledgling franchises such as "Quality Tax" which I think is still around. Jackson-Hewitt had not been heard of at the time. "Mr. Tax" was one of these. They were owned by a finance company out of St. Louis which had corner loan companies such as "Century Finance" and also a DayCare chain, "LaPetite Academie". Occasionally in places like Nashville and Atlanta, you would see a "Mr. Tax" logo.

The logo was appropriate enough, I suppose. Featured a geek-looking fella, quite bespectacled, and with a pencil in his ear. The only such sign I see any more is in Columbia, TN and I think it is a left-over from a successful frabchise.

Obviously, "Mr. Tsx" was not the "wave of the future." Does anyone know what happened to them?

Originally posted by Snaggletooth

Obviously, "Mr. Tsx" was not the "wave of the future." Does anyone know what happened to them?
    Perhaps they converted to a chain of typing schools?

Comment

Working...
    X