Dfas W2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dfas W2

Would someone mind letting me know what the DFAS W-2, Box 14 (not 12, not 12) Code W is reporting? Thinking this is wages for SS reporting purposes, but I'm not certain. Thank-you!

Bp

I searched the code on my software (ATX) I found no W code for box 14. Do yopu think they may have put in a non-standard or in error it should be Health Sav Acct in Box 12 ?
    There may be a real code that I can't find. Maybe someone will know.
    Jeannie

Comment

Found an old DFAS w-2 and it says for Box 14 code W "Social Security Administration (SSA) wages (Military) SSA wages earned on active duty is informational only. It is supplied to the SSA for "Deemed Military Service Wage Credits" and is used to determine future SSA benefits."

Comment

Originally posted by ecb34691 View Post
        Found an old DFAS w-2 and it says for Box 14 code W "Social Security Administration (SSA) wages (Military) SSA wages earned on active duty is informational only. It is supplied to the SSA for "Deemed Military Service Wage Credits" and is used to determine future SSA benefits."
        Thank-you, thank-you!!! Yes, that's just the language I was looking for, but I was only able to find it in my dusty memory!

Comment

Code W

For national guardsmen, it is the amount of their pay that was from active duty service, as opposed to weekend drill pay. In our state that amount is non-taxable up to a certain amount, while the weekend pay is always taxable.
          "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X