We need Hawaii help, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need Hawaii help, please

First, we have written permission from the client to go outside our firm.

Client is a CA C corp that owned a rental property in HI starting the 1st of the year in 2004 and sold June 2006. After depreciation & expenses there was a loss for each year. Corp is currently on extension for 2006.

We need to go back to 2004 and 2005 and file HI returns for those years as well as this year. We have no idea what we're doing with the HI return. The instructions are clear as mud to us and we have contacted the HI Dept. of Taxation 4 times asking for some assistance and they have not responded in any way.

Is there anyone out there that is willing to prepare the HI returns for us? Free would be wonderful, but we are willing to pay a reasonable return fee. We will pay the fee, not our client. We use ProSeries Professional and can pdf returns to you or send you a floppy with a backup file to be restored - whichever you would prefer.

Please feel free to contact me off list and let me know how to contact you. We're easy to work with and can provide you with an 800 number so there would be not extra expense on your part. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Sandy

tilt53@charter.net
    Last edited by tilt53; 08-09-2007, 04:14 PM.
    Sandy >^..^<

If you have ProSeries, why not use the pay per return feature and let it do a HI return for you. I know that in most cases, I don't have to do anything to do a MN return. The program transfers the data and does 99% of the work for you.

Comment

There's more involved

with HI. I do use the PPR for different states, but HI proportions things and I'm lost.
      Sandy >^..^<

Comment

Holland Tax Service

Occasionally there is a guy from Kailua, HI who posts on this board. He is Christopher Mewhort with Holland Tax Service 808-261-5005. There is another who posts from Kawai, but he uses a surname and I don't know how to identify him.

I hope I'm not showing preference for people I know on the message board, but I don't know of anyone else practicing in Hawaii. Had you wanted help in CA, we have so many members and I would be reluctant to show preference by recommending one of them.

Comment

Thank you.

Christopher did send me an email and I'm going to call him tomorrow. I always appreciate the learning and help I get from this board.
          Sandy >^..^<

Comment

I would be willing

to come over if you will pay expenses.
            Last edited by veritas; 08-10-2007, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Karen Sahara is an EA in HI. She posts frequently on the NAEA board, or was it on this board? Anyway, you can find her phone number by going to www.naea.org and doing a search.
              Dave, EA

Comment

Working...
              X