Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from oblivion

This was from Snag on 12/14.

"Maybe Matt Sova, similarly composed, will arise from oblivion to help answer our tough questions and give us our daily dose of ascorbic acid."

I am planning on keeping up with this board from now on. I was in the Bahamas last week and wish I did not have to come back.

So, Snag, I will not let you go a single tax season without reading my arrogant comments. Remember, if you disagree with me you are probably wrong. (ha ha).

Matt
    I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Let it snow! snow! snow!

Matt:

It's good to see you back on the Board. If I lived in Michigan this time of year I would try to take several trips to the Bahamas and the other nearby islands. We are back in Florida for now. This next spring and summer will be our last in Michigan. Did bring back with us some delicious Ida Red apples.. I cooked some for our condo Christmas party.

Comment

Bleeding Heart

My heart bleeds for you two - one in the Bahamas, other in Florida.

I remember growing up in Royal Oak (suburban Detroit - has since been converted to the suburb of choice I'm told). This was the '50s. Snowpack on the ground continually from about Thanksgiving til April, almost every year. Boots were necessary as feet would go days and days without being warm.

Would go to places like Farmington and Waterford to watch snow out in the country. Nothing but farmhouses out there during the 50s. Troy and Southfield were fledgling communities. Sterling Heights didn't exist. Where I lived the snow was dirty and slushy and we hated to see it come every year.

Did I not say I was a Tennessean? Yes, but Daddy was one of thousands of hillbillies in Detroit after WWII who paid the Yankees back for the Carpetbaggers.

In 1960, I watched the Swainson/Bagley debates on TV. Bagley, a Republican, promised the people of Michigan that if they elected Swainson, there would be a secret plan for an income tax unleased on the people. Sorta like Hitler's "Blitzkreig" coming forth from the Ruhr Valley. Swainson was elected on the coattails of John F. Kennedy as the vote in Michigan was a Democratic landslide.

And just as warned, Swainson established the Michigan's first State Income tax. The two of you already know it, but for other readers, Michigan now has a so-called "Unified" tax for all entities - someone's brilliant idea to erase the borders between partnerships, corporations, proprietorships, LLCs, and other entities.

Maybe before the year is out, someone will post a question about business taxes in Michigan and Sova will tell us just how brilliant this idea was...

Comment

Working...
      X