Board use instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Board use instructions

I seem to be confused about how to use the board and can't find the answer in the FAQ section. I want to view the threads with the newest thread displayed first followed by the next newest, etc.. I seem to be getting threads with new posts displayed first so that old threads are displayed before more recent threads just because there is a new post to that thread. What settings should I use? (I feel like I've tried them all but obviously I'm missing something!)

Thanks.

Natiro

display options

You can, but you have to do it in a backwards way. The program defaults to last post time, sorted descending. That means the last person to post to any thread bumps that thread to the top of the list. If you set the sort order to ascending (still by last post time), then it sorts by the first post time of a thread in ascending order. A person posting to an older thread will not affect the sort order, because it is based on the first post of a thread rather than the last post. But because you want to view the newest threads first, now you have to click on the highest page number and start viewing from the bottom up. The threads are arranged by the order threads were first started, but because you look at the highest page number first from the bottom up, you are viewing threads in the order created starting with the most recent.

I don’t think the program was designed to accommodate your preference. But you can still view it that way if you think highest page to low, bottom up.

Comment

Viewing posts displaying newest first

Originally posted by natiro
      I seem to be confused about how to use the board and can't find the answer in the FAQ section. I want to view the threads with the newest thread displayed first followed by the next newest, etc.. I seem to be getting threads with new posts displayed first so that old threads are displayed before more recent threads just because there is a new post to that thread. What settings should I use?
      Hi Natiro,

The setting that you are looking for is available in the User Control Panel.

To select this option follow the User CP link on the message board's main menu bar then select the Edit Options link from the Control Panel menu on the left hand side of the screen.

Within the options menu there is a group of settings titled Thread Display Options, the setting you are looking for is located here. For the Thread Display Mode setting select Linear - Newest First.

Using this mode will display the posts in the order which you desire. Unfortunately this mode will not enable the Hybrid view that you are currently using and we do not support viewing the threads in this order using the Hybrid mode. I hope that one of the available viewing options will meet your needs.

Thank you for using the message board.

Comment

Even Better, Natiro

Natiro, I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong.

I believe one of the new features moves the post to the top of the list, if you are reading it or responding to it. At least, that's one of the new geeks tell us. I remember on the QF board all the scrolling down you had to do.

Good luck, Ron J.

Comment

Working...
        X