Concrats to Brad and TB editors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concrats to Brad and TB editors

I just got my 2005 book. Your book best explains how the new H of H rules work. Now I see why all my other sources are wrong in saying that all qualifying relatives make a T/P eligible for H of H.
    Thanks!

I received mine last night. I have been going over it and really like it. Our office bought a QF and I saw it last week. I actually think that TTB has alot more info. More explanations and little tidbits.

But, I noticed that I have two page 5-7/5-8. So, if anyone is missing that page, let me know. I'll send it to you!!! (Hope I don't need to pay extra for it.)
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Ttb

The TTB is scheduled to be delivered today. My deliveries usually comes about 7 pm, but I don't want to miss it so I'm staying at the office until it comes.

I need to complete my "end of the year" letter to go along with the organizers. I vowed to work from TTB this year with tidbits from "THE BOOK".
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

They Did It!!!

one more time, let's hear it............"THEY DID IT!!!!!!"

I, too, received the "Deluxe" Edition this week.

Brad, Paul, and the others have pulled off perhaps the challenge of a lifetime, relying only upon their own skill, resources, and those who had faith in them. I don't know how many dark days they faced, but this certainly has to be cause for celebration.

Great job, folks, and we hope you'll be there for us for years to come!!

Comment

I just received mine today. I hope it reads like a novel!!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary
            I just received mine today. I hope it reads like a novel!!

Gary
            You folks are great. Seeing the response is humbling, quite frankly. We'll do our best to be worthy of your confidence.

About the novel thing. Back in the old days when I was a wet-behind-the-ears aspiring writer, I wrote a two page masterpiece that I gingerly, and reluctantly, laid on Brad's desk. That's a tough thing for a writer to do. You lay your heart and soul on the table and walk away, just waiting for that mean old editor to tear it limb from limb with that evil editor's pen.

A couple of days later Brad called me in to discuss the masterpiece. He said "That was really well-written, and I enjoyed reading it, but we're not writing a novel."

I looked in horror at the red X's and slashes and scribbles that decimated my epic two-page masterpiece into a one-paragraph summary. Heartless editors!

About a month later I looked at my original manuscript compared to the paragraph that had emerged from the editor's hand of horrors, and I realized that the paragraph said the exact same thing except really short.

(I hope it reads like a novel too. Just don't tell Brad)

Comment

Deluxe Edition

I just got my 6 copies of the Deluxe Edition that I order, have to go out and deliver 5 of the copies to the other preparer's that I took orders from, haven’t had time to look at the book yet, but I did notice that the combine book is about the same size as the single QF was last year, so the book must have lots of condense material in it.

Thanks again to the Editor staff and have a Merry Christmas.

Comment

Got mine today

I just got home and saw that I received my Deluxe and my wife's Individual. I browsed through it and really liked what I saw. I'm looking forward to having more time this weekend to read some it like I will be doing during tax season.

They look great!

Dennis

Comment

It's Great

Once again you have produced a great resource.

I am a long time user and am glad to have all the material in one book.

The new format looks great..

Thanks
                  Stephen E. Johns, EA

Comment

Brad & Company

I rec'd my book last night and have started on my cover letter to go with my organizer. You have hit the nail on the head with this publication. I'm finding great info that will impress my clients.

The book is especially helpful to newcomers in this business and provides a great resource to us "old timers". This broad application will surely bring success to "The Tax Book" and TMI. I especially like your index and notations on links (cross references).

The entity tabs are very good and loaded with great info, thanks. I'm still reviewing all your worksheets and how to apply them in my practice.

I feel this year will save me many hours of research time. I so glad you are there and that I purchased your book.
                    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Join the Choir

Your ears must be ringing. But it's Christmas after all.

Thank you for everything and Merry Christmas or happy holidays, whichever you prefer.

We all need peace and this is the main message. We will have more peace of mind with your great book.

Comment

Speaking ......

of Christmas.... I have made a special point to mention "Merry Christmas" in my cover letter along with Holiday Wishes, much like Gabriele did in her reply. I think it is only right to promote our heritage in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by taxmanea
                          Once again you have produced a great resource.

I am a long time user and am glad to have all the material in one book.

The new format looks great..

Thanks
                          Are you the same Stephen Johns who prepared the best tax return in Money Magazine's tax preparer event a few years ago?

If so, it's great to see you. Heck, it's great to see you even if you're a different guy.

Comment

Great Job

I agree with the positive comments from the other users. I especially like the cross references to the appropriate form, IRS Pub and IRC code. I also like the format of the Deluxe book so that I only need the one reference book.

Comment

Great job on the book!

I am really empressed. The information is well presented as I knew it would from your past.

I also really like the Deluxe has everything in it. Including the corporates, partnerships, etc. This really takes the hassle out of having to switch from one book to another while looking up information.

I had it with me at my mother's house and she said "now that is one heck of a reference book"

Comment

Working...
                              X