TaxAct Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TaxAct Software

I would like to start a new Thread on TaxAct Software. Do you use this software exclusively in your practice? of Do you use it as a supplementary program to enhance another software?
    What do you think of its forms approach? Do you use its efile service? If you use it exclusively what do you do about forms that it does not have. Forexample, are there any Ohio preparers who use TactAct. I understand it does not have the school forms or the local taxing authorities that are in Ohio.
    Does the fact that it promotes free tax return preparation for individuals bother you as a tax return preparer? Are you concerned with the issue of Turbo Tax being in competition with you as a professional preparer? Do you use any of the Intuit programs.
    Back to TaxAct I must say that I like the forms approach better than a menu approach program. I like its depreciation features better than my software. It allow a separate depreciation schedule for AMT where my present software does not have that feature. Is it likely that TaxAct will be absorbed by one of the biggiest in the near future. In figuring tax penalties I like the way TA does this than the software that I am using.
    I would be interested in your posts on this.
    Last edited by Chief; 05-27-2007, 04:03 PM.

If

they added a 4952-AMT and a 4972 as well as N section on a K-1, I would like it better.

Comment

Solomon

My email address is affordabletaxes@tampabay.rr.com
      Please send me a message; I would like to contact you regarding the software you are using.
      Thanks, Chief.

Comment

Working...
      X