Signing off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signing off

Thank you my cyber-corrrespondents for your great insights. I must now turn my Internet off and get ready for tax work and certain other matters. Best wishes to you all.

Sorry to see you go

Jainen,

I'm sorry to hear you won't be around for the next few months. Now is the time we could use your help and expertise in so many areas.

I hope all is OK and that you'll be back in April. Have a great tax season. You'll be missed!

Dennis

Comment

Come Again

...you rate a '10' on both arrogance and expertise. Maybe Matt Sova, similarly composed, will arise from oblivion to help answer our tough questions and give us our daily dose of ascorbic acid.

Jainen, you've been a huge help to many of us, and I hope you don't wait til April to visit us again. The board will be very active in 2-3 weeks, with many more people on it who don't post much in the "off-season." I hope we are joined by some more experts who have not yet joined the message board.

Comment

Thank You

Originally posted by jainen
        Thank you my cyber-corrrespondents for your great insights. I must now turn my Internet off and get ready for tax work and certain other matters. Best wishes to you all.
        Jainen,
        Thanks for all your help. You are a gentleman, scholar a diplomat, and a guardian angle, all in one. Perhaps you can jump in for a minute or two now and then. Best Wishes from John of PA.

Comment

jainen - I need to know.

Are you ever coming back?

The reason I ask is this: Every day of my life I am forced to add another name to the list of people who can "kiss my grits." I need to know if I should take your name off the "list for today" and put it on the "permanent list."

Just kidding. I had fun jousting with you too. Hope you come back sometime.

Regards, BB

Comment

Bread

Oh sure, I'll keep an eye on the activity here, and no doubt something will get me so worked up I can't resist. I'll still be the same though, so you might as well put me on the permanent list.

Thanks for the kind comments of the other posts. I have to go bake some bread now.

Comment

Jilted

Well, after all the teary eyed good-byes and waving of handkerchiefs, it seems jainen has jilted the board for another. There were at least 3 posts by jainen on Fairmark on the 18th.

Ya never know who you can trust nowadays.

Ed

Comment

Bye, bye.

Originally posted by ED SMITH
                Well, after all the teary eyed good-byes and waving of handkerchiefs, it seems jainen has jilted the board for another. There were at least 3 posts by jainen on Fairmark on the 18th.

Ya never know who you can trust nowadays.

Ed
                Gee, and he seemed like such a nice guy too (didn't he, everybody?). Well, I'm gonna go wring out my handkerchief right this minute. Whoda thunk that a guy so principled as to "bake bread" (workin' at that Grin & Go drive-in in CA) instead of slappin' brown 'n' serve rolls in the microwave would turn out to be such a dirty, rotten, low-down, inexcrupulous rat?

Well, like you said, you never know who you can trust nowadays.

Say, just curious again, but how'd you come to be over at Fairmark?

Comment

Who you

Who you callin' "dirty"? I scrubs 'em up good when I bake bread.

The rest of your post seems true enough.

Comment

Beg pardon, sir.

Originally posted by jainen
                    Who you callin' "dirty"? I scrubs 'em up good when I bake bread.

The rest of your post seems true enough.
                    That was not meant to be taken literally, as I'm sure CA health standards are equivalent to AR's (food handlers gotta wear rubber gloves here too, even if you do wash up). Just change that to jiltin', rotten, low-down, inexcrupulous rat.

Hmmm, puts me in mind of a friend's dilemma. In-law's grocery closed weekends, so friend bought bread at Price Chomper. In-law (chin raised--arms crossed) jumped him, sayin' "You were seen in P-C!" Friend, astounded of course that anybody wuz keepin' track of such, told him to please take two runnin' jumps and go straight to ****.

Oh well, still and all, it wuz fun sparrin' with you, even if you do occasionally pull off a premature exit-entry (whichever). So come back anyway--we need members here whether or not they're tarnished barn-burners (strike that--I mean bread-buyers) and, besides, ah've been known to "stretch it" a bit.

To tell the truth (hard to do, ain't it?), my wife's always sayin' "Are you puttin' that down? Why, you big ole liar!" I remind her that the Fraynch teacher, Eugene-Claude (he doesn't know Jean's a girl's name and we 'let on" like it's okay), said I had an "artistic license." It's pretty handy--tell all the whoppers you want--they can't sue. He says you always have it and I take that to mean it doesn't expire--I swear I can't remember buyin' it. I bet you could get one too--the revenue office would charge about $15 here, but out in California (if it's anything like rent) it'd probably be $500.

By the way, do they sell Whammyburgers at the Grin & Go? Price?

Comment

Working...
                    X