Tax Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Season

E'd the extensions with no payments. Will take the payments to the post office tomorrow. Printed my last return. I have a lot fewer tax seasons ahead of me than behind me. Now to do all the work I promised to do when tax season was over(I lied)!!! April 17th?? I do not think I would describe the last 3 months as fun.?!

Good noght and Good luck-oops someone else had that line.

You're in better shape than me

I still have about 10 returns to finish before I can say I'm done.

I was in better shape at this time last year. Guess I did too much playing during season. I also think some of my people were later getting to me this year.

Enjoy your summer.

Linda F

Comment

tax season

I would describe the last 3 months as fun. When I stopped enjoying tax return preparation I will change to something else. It's good to be able to say I dont need the money; I do tax returns because I enjoy the challenge and the people I meet.
      All of you have a fun summer and enjoy yourselves. Wake up each day determined it will be a good day.

Comment

For me it was the easiest tax season ever. Sure, there were a couple of challenges, but overall, I made more $$$ with much less stress than ever before. I love this stuff.
        Dave, EA

Comment

Are you sure?

>I have a lot fewer tax seasons ahead of me than behind me.<

Have you checked with your clients on that? I don't mind it when my clients in their 80s tell me I am not allowed to retire, but I start to worry when I get the same message from those in their 30s.

I lose less than 5% of my clients each season -- most of them have been with me for more than 15 years -- and the ones I keep, seem to get 10% more complicated. Just think how many I would have to turn away if I had to struggle with all these e-filing rigmarole . . .

Comment

After 34 years,

I sometimes wonder: What IF today I still had all the clients I had ever prepared
            returns for?
            AND had to do them all by hand the old fashioned way.

But then, mercifully, I wake up.
            ChEAr$,
            Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

My last, and I DO mean last, return is completed. I am now retired and out of this business. It was fun, but.... Now, y'all keep working and paying into Social Security. I need those checks.

Comment

congratulations and

Originally posted by rosieea View Post
                My last, and I DO mean last, return is completed. I am now retired and out of this business. It was fun, but.... Now, y'all keep working and paying into Social Security. I need those checks.
                best wishes to you, Jarhead!

As they (army at least) used to play at retirement ceremonies,
                "Should auld acquaintance be forgot? .. And....
                ..... days of auld lang syne."
                ChEAr$,
                Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

We hope

Rosieea,

We hope that you will still frequent the board, your posts have helped all of us. Don't retire!

Sandy

Comment

clients still coming

I am reading about everyone about finished and I had a call today from someone who is dropping off their peperwork to me in the morning. Until then I have everything done that I can do. Have 8 customers who still need to come and sign 8879's and pick up their copies Two were suppose to have come today but cancelled so maybe I will see them tomorrow evening. It's been a great season for me being my first working for myself. I really do love what I am doing.

Have a good night all
                    Bonnie

Comment

Still having fun

I have about a dozen or so to still finish up. Come on we have two more days. Well it is midnight so I guess I have a little less than 2 days.

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

Comment

Nice Thoughts

Thanks Bucky

For the reminders, I just think some of us, including myself, are overwhelmed toward the end.

For me it has been a difficult tax season, normally not so bad, so I will have to analyze this year for changes.

My big "headache" for 2006 was Mortgage Interest! in case no one saw my posts!

Thanks to all for posting and support. We are almost to the deadline, even though we haven't completed all of the returns. What a relief and pressure reliever on 4/17/07!

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
                          best wishes to you, Jarhead!

As they (army at least) used to play at retirement ceremonies,
                          "Should auld acquaintance be forgot? .. And....
                          ..... days of auld lang syne."
                          Thanks, Harlan. I hope we'll have a chance to meet some day. In fact, my next trip to Atlanta, I'll give you a call. I believe I-85 passes near your burg. Perhaps we can "do lunch."

Rosie

Comment

Originally posted by S T View Post
                            Rosieea,

We hope that you will still frequent the board, your posts have helped all of us. Don't retire!

Sandy
                            I appreciate your thoughts, Sandy. I've enjoyed this Board and intend to pop in from time to time.

Comment

Sigh!

Tuesday is the last day for me. This year has been pretty tough. Mostly fun though. Now to find another job.lol Oh the life of a seasonal preparer.

Jade!!

Comment

Working...
                              X