jainen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jainen

C'mon back and I'll quit pickin' at you. Did you and Goldberg ever happen to get that argument ironed out about the deductions for 2005? You know; the one where that guy was living with his girlfriend and wanted to claim HH, EIC, and two dependents since he "made the money" in the household.

Who gets all the deductions (him/her/nobody)? Thanks.

P.S. Do I get the Whammyfries?

true love

Hey, buddy. I've been posting a lot (on other boards) about this Working Families Tax Relief thing. I have to use my fake name, 'cause if anyone here in Santa Cruz found out I was even THINKING about guys supporting their girlfriends I would get run out of town. Not that we object to antimaritalism, but no self-respecting brute would shack up with a lady who don't have a good job. It's gotta be good 'cause they're really hassling him down at Unemployment.

So the new law requires a certain finess in dealing with clients. I'm not worried--finesse is my specialty. Besides, California ordered a remarkably similar interpretation a few years ago. We all objected that state constitution says we have to use the same filing status as federal, but it seems all the lawyers are on the state payroll. Anyway, bottom line is you can't claim somebody else's kid, even if it's true love.

Comment

Working...
    X