Norton Go Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norton Go Back

We installed this on our home computer and came up with a blank screen. (Not the blue one - the black one.) The resident computer genious fixed it enough to get the internet back, but many files are at this point unaccessible.

Semantic phone never, never answers, even after hours of waiting.

Anyone else had this problem.

I'm just happy it wasn't the office computer.
    JG

Jg

I have never had exactly this problem, but you might try to uninstall Go Back then go into "system tools" from the accessories menu and access "system restore". Pick a date, like the day before you installed Go Back and follow the prompts. This might work for you.

Good luck.

Dennis

Comment

Windows XP

Has a restore feature which is very good.

Comment

Go Back

JG
        I read your problem with "go back" and passed it on to my computer tech. Here is his response.

Go Back is a program that has been in use, with mixed results, for quite awhile. Gateway originally was using it on their computers back in the Win98/ME days. Personally, I don't use it nor do I recommend using it.

If someone decides to install the program, it is best done on a clean installation of the Operating System. Installing it onto a system where the O/S has been running for quite awhile is not recommended due to possible software conflicts, which I would surmise what happened in this person's case.

There is a possible way of restoring the files but I will need the following information:

1. Version of Operating System
        2. List of other programs installed, including adware/spyware/anti-virus programs.
        3. Size of hard drive and percent full.

If you would like to follow thgough with any further help e-mail me at ekabob@gmail.com
        Confucius say:
        He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

Thank you,

This response is very appreciated. Thanks for the trouble. At first we had a blank screen so it was impossible to do anything. Things had to be done guessing when the time was right - something about pressing the space bar at the right time. Little by little other things were tried. The computer is still not right. No access to the CD drive yet so that programs can be reinstalled to hopefully pick up files that should be there that we can't get at.
          JG

Comment

Working...
          X