Bill Gates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goverment Monitering

Just look what happened to Western Electric when Judge Green stepped in.I don't know about any of your but to have a client come in with a sale of AT&T stock or the baby bell companies it is a nightmare. Also AT&T is now gone.Hope that doesn't happen to Microsoft as I really like my Win software.

Comment

Jobs

Perhaps.........I know nothing about Steve Jobs (who I assume is the founder of Apple) other than what I just learned from you. I do have to say I admire
      Gates for his energy and "making things happen" and not just sitting around complaining and blameing everyone else for anything that does not go our way. But thats about all I can say good about him.

Comment

Again, I suggest that if you dislike Windows and don't think you received your money's worth when you bought it, go get an Apple or Linux system. With the right software you can run your windows software and never utilitze the MS products available.

The arguement against Gates was much stronger before the rapid development of the Linux system and open source software. It's basically free or very cheap and is in ways better than anything MS produces.

Where would our PC be today if we had 15 different opperating systems and each software company had to produce 15 different versions? The people of the world voted and MS won.

Comment

Vote?

There's nothing to vote on. Windows is the only choice for my tax software. And there really was never a fair choce, even years ago, as most of the software was for the IBM system and we really had no choice. I don't think I would want to run the Windows systems through any other sytem, thats just another learning curve. Microsoft controls us and we have no choice in the matter. Thats why all the anit-trust lawsuits. I agree it's nice to have only one standard. I'am just not impressed with the way Micosoft went about the whole thing over the years. At this point, I would like to see them stick with thier great operating system, and leave Quickbooks alone, for the sake of one standard..

Comment

Actually Apple stole from Xerox Parc and then Microsoft stole from Apple.

Well I say the stole it. In reality Xerox sat down and showed Apple their whole system. They thought there was no future for the GUI interface.

Here is the history on the GUI:

I respect both Gates and Jobs. Alot of people complain about Gates. But he was just smarter than most and saw the opportunity. Even Linus Torvalds that help to spread Linux is now making money off of it as well as other companies. Free open source is a good idea but money always wins out. Atleast most of the time.

Comment

Smarter?

The way I see it, Gates's success was less to do with his intelligence, and more to do with the fact that he was willing to play dirty, that is implement business policies in restraint of trade (Do what I want or I won't sell you my operating system which is #1). That is clearly illegeal and monopolistic, as we see the lawsuits just keep coming against Microsoft. I realize Gates isn't the only one who does this; but I'm not about to put him on a pedistool becasue of his enormous success, as measured by wealth.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by geekgirldany
                Actually Apple stole from Xerox Parc and then Microsoft stole from Apple.

Well I say the stole it. In reality Xerox sat down and showed Apple their whole system. They thought there was no future for the GUI interface.

Here is the history on the GUI:

I respect both Gates and Jobs. Alot of people complain about Gates. But he was just smarter than most and saw the opportunity. Even Linus Torvalds that help to spread Linux is now making money off of it as well as other companies. Free open source is a good idea but money always wins out. Atleast most of the time.
                THANK YOU GEEK GIRL FOR THE INTERESTING LINK

Comment

Working...
                X