Medical Expense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Expense

Would the following qualify for a medical expense if it took place in the U.S.?
    Lady in France just had the very first face transplant. She had suffered facial injuries
    to the face in a dog attack. So I guess this would be deductible.
    However, Let us say that I did not like the way my face looks, therefore, I have a face
    transplant. Would that qualify?

Face Lift

Cosmetic surgery is not deductible unless related to a deformity. That's what the man say's. SO a deformity is a deformity.?????? I can't find anywhere where it say's who caused the deformity.

SO, if this was corrective surgery due to the first one causing a deformity I would consider it deductable.

If you just want a face lift to improve your appearance,,,non-deductable.
    Confucius say:
    He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

Not a Face Lift

But a face transplant. In France, surgeons performed a partial face transplant.
      First ever in the history of mankind.

Comment

Its deductible because it was a cure for injuries sustained in a dog attack. If it was due to a Mission Imposible plot to fool the bad guy, it would not qualify for a business expense, but may be deductible on Form 2106 if not reimbursed by the employer.

Comment

Face Transplant

I Googled face transplant.......didn't know about this until your post...interesting
          Confucius say:
          He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

Working...
          X