TheTaxBook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joanne
    From these posts, it looks like books were published for tax year 2004, but I hadn't heard of the company until recently. I am considering purchasing TB instead of QF for 2005 returns, after reading a sales brochure and checking here. Thanks. Joanne
    Welcome Joanne. Don't be shy about jumping in with questions and answers. This place can get pretty lively, which is an accomplishment for tax folks. Just make sure you don't get Bee Knees going on anything. He'll talk your ear off.

Comment

Originally posted by Joanne
      From these posts, it looks like books were published for tax year 2004, but I hadn't heard of the company until recently. I am considering purchasing TB instead of QF for 2005 returns, after reading a sales brochure and checking here. Thanks. Joanne
      The 2004 tax year book others are referring to is one section on Itemized Deductions that was produced last summer using 2004 data as a sample book. It was not sold but rather sent out to interested persons wanting to compare it with a QF.

Comment

Joanne

Since you're new you may not know it, but the two posters above (Armando/Bees) were the guys handling the QF book until a few months ago when they put together a new team, went out on their own, and started a new tax book company (an improved version we expect). Although QF retained the name; the original people that started it and ran it for years are no longer there--they're here. So, stick around and stop in again--the more the merrier.

Comment

I don't think either Brad or Paul is claiming to have started QF--but they were there for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            I don't think either Brad or Paul is claiming to have started QF--but they were there for a long time.
            The 1993 tax year Quickfinder, inside front cover, eulogizes the man who started the Quickfinder back in 1972. He hired me in January of 1986 to work in his tax preparation firm which was located on 10th and Main St. in Hopkins, MN. I took over as managing editor in 1993 after his death. We hired Paul the following year. The rest of the story is detailed in my bio at http://www.thetaxbook.com/authorbios.asp

Comment

Working...
            X