TheTaxBook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheTaxBook

Just to let you know - several of our H&R Block Districts here in Phoenix have switched from the Quickfinder to TheTaxBook.

Gary

Switching

That's no surprise to me. I am sure the TB will be the leader even in its first year of publication.

Comment

Thank you very much for your support. Just to let everyone know, we are finishing up the final sections of the 1040 and Deluxe books which will be printed this week. The books will be shipped as promised starting the week of December 15th.
      Last edited by Brad Imsdahl; 11-26-2005, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks Gary

for your influence and support. Obviously, I have very little at stake, but I'm pulling hard for the TAX BOOK folks, who've really sacrificed big time to get this book out.
        Ron J.

Comment

Tax Book

AMEN to that Snag.....I have a pile of pubs.....JK Lasser, the H&R Guide and Pub 17.

Not sure about others, but 90% of my questions are available in seconds using the TB, better known at the "Tax Book." I have a stack of old QF's on the self for past information.

Purchased, along with TB, a $100.00 special last year our of curiosity, never did really learn how to find things in these pubs, not sure what the trouble was, but I would give up, pick up the TB and bingo.
          Confucius say:
          He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

The Tax Book

I am ordering all 3 Tax Books. I'am a long time user of the "other book" QF. So those of us who have both books, let keep each other posted on this board when we find that one book helped us more than the other. Perhaps a clear winner will evolve so we don't have to buy both books in the future. In my opinion, the quality of the index is key. Does anyone know if the construction of the indexes(for either book) is more than just a computerized key word search, but has some thinking behind it?

Comment

Originally posted by John of PA
              I am ordering all 3 Tax Books. I'am a long time user of the "other book" QF. So those of us who have both books, let keep each other posted on this board when we find that one book helped us more than the other. Perhaps a clear winner will evolve so we don't have to buy both books in the future. In my opinion, the quality of the index is key. Does anyone know if the construction of the indexes(for either book) is more than just a computerized key word search, but has some thinking behind it?
              For TheTaxBook, the index is being compiled by the authors, who are all practicing tax professionals. This is important because the index will contain not only key words and phrases extracted directly from the text, but will also contain alternate phrasings that are commonly used and recognized by people in the industry.

The textual information is also presented in a unique style in TheTaxBook. Each Tab begins with a table of contents to make it easy to find information about a specific topic. Also, in a feature we’re confident our customers will appreciate, the first page or two of each Tab contains the most commonly used information. More detailed explanations can be found easily through the table of contents.

Also, directly under the headings of major topics, “Cross References” and “Related Topics” will appear. Cross references will include relevant forms and schedules, IRS Publications, and IRC sections. Related Topics will include topics from other sections of our publication that are likely to relate to the issue being discussed in the text. Again, these navigational aids are created by folks who deal with the same real-life issues that all practicing tax professionals face during the busy season.

The phrase “Real Answers - Real Fast” is not just an empty marketing slogan. It’s a philosophy we’ve followed every step of the way in creating this new publication. We’re confident that you’ll find that TheTaxBook lives up to its promise, and more.

Comment

Ttb

I also have ordered both TTB & QF. By now I have decided I will not even take a look at at QF since I am so convinced already to get the best book possible with TTB.

To my delight I have noticed that NSA has TTB FIRST listed before QB in a paragraph of professional "look up" books.

Comment

Tax Book - my choice

I only ordered one book - The Tax Book. Can't really afford to buy extra or duplicate. I am convinced that the Tax Book will be the best choice since we have the editors with the original idea producing it.

Linda F

Comment

Thank You

Thank you for the detailed description of the index. I look forward to compring the 2 index's and reporting on the results. Sounds like THE TAX BOOK will be hard to beat.

Comment

Ttb

I only ordered TTB as I had no doubt where the best research would evolve to. TTB is the "New-Old Kid" on the block.
                      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I also ordered only The Tax Book this year. Part of my decision is based on the same reasons Linda F stated. I also grew tired of all the mailings from the "other guys" for their growing collection of references that they think everyone needs -accounting guide, depreciation guide, etc, - plus all the mailings from their related companies. Another big part of my decision was this great message board and the fact that TTB authors actually participate on the board when you know they are busy trying to get their books out to print. I think this says a great deal about their commitment to succeed and put out a great product.

Comment

I only ordered TTB. I have used the "other" for over 20 years. This one sounds much better and I am looking forward to receiving it.

Comment

Ttb

Like many others on this board, I was very impressed with the sample sent earlier and have only ordered TTB. As a purchaser of the other book for many years, I am receiving mailings every two weeks or so wanting me to place an order with them this year. I think my shredder must be getting full by now. I can only imagine how much money they are spending to get people back.
                            Bill

Comment

For what tax year were the Tax Books first published?

From these posts, it looks like books were published for tax year 2004, but I hadn't heard of the company until recently. I am considering purchasing TB instead of QF for 2005 returns, after reading a sales brochure and checking here. Thanks. Joanne

Comment

Working...
                              X