Audit of an Audit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audit of an Audit?

I received a form letter from the Area Examination Director for the IRS regarding an audit that was closed about 6 weeks ago. It says;

We have reviewed the examination report and taken the following action:
    We made no changes to the original report.

A second line offers a less hopefull choice.

Is the IRS auditing their auditors? Has anyone else seen a letter like this?
    In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
    Alexis de Tocqueville

Haven't received one of the letters, but from what you posted it sounds as if they are just formally confirming what was done. However, you did not state what the second choice is. And as usual, I reserver the right to be wrong.:-)

LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

The second choice was

We have corrected the examination report and issued the attached changes.

It was a pretty ugly audit. I didn't prepare the return. When the auditor read the preparers name his comment was, "Oh my god, Not this person again!" Great way to start off the exam process.
      In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
      Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Working...
      X