Fee for Trust Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fee for Trust Return

I have not done a trust return yet, so I don't know what to charge. I'm thinking similar to what I would charge a start-up LLC? Does anyone want to say what they charge for a small trust?

Thanks in advance.

Josh....

.... I start at 300. You have to read the trust document and apply its guidelines to the return. Not a simple task, sometimes.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

It depends...

Trusts vary in their complexity. You do have to read the trust instrument, and if there are multiple beneficiaries or a lot of different types of income it warrents a higher fee. I charge my standard hourly rate.

Comment

Thanks folks

I did help the trustee, who is one my tax clients, with this trust when her father died, so I'm pretty familiar with the trust document. There's some tax exempt interest and a partnership interest that the trust owns. I was thinking $300-400 sounded right, but wanted to get some feedback.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X