Abanonment or Obsolete Asset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxea and Client Papers

Well I guess I don't operate the same way that you do with your clients. (Referring to Taxea post)
    Seems to me, if a charge is made for a form or an entry, then the client is "privileged" and is entitled to receive a copy of that form or schedule. I was paid and I should produce that information.

If I charge, the client does recieve a copy of any form or schedule that I prepare. If I prepare an Excel spreadsheet for them for reporting purposes, and I charge the taxpayer, I supply them with a copy or computer file copy of that worksheet.

That only seems to be fair for the services that I offer and what I am paid for.

I have nothing to hide from my clients, and respectfully ask that they review, so based on this topic, depreciation schedules should be included, whether or not the client understands them.

Sandy
    Last edited by S T; 05-26-2010, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by taxea View Post
      I charge for entering the asset in the original year of service but, since I don't have to manually create the depreciation report and enter it into my program I consider it work product and don't release it. The client doesn't get a copy of the yearly schedule or the depreciation report attached to their copy of the return...I don't include a charge for them on the return. It saves the client prep money. It is not included in the filed return so I am not required to give a copy to the client.
      You use Proseries, so it's a matter of printing out a piece of paper that you've charged for when you entered each asset into your program, so yes you did charge for it. If not for the client it would seem it would be respectful for the new preparer. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
      X