NATP Imsdahl Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NATP Imsdahl Article

I just got the NATP TaxPro Quarterly. A familiar name, Bradley J. Imsdahl, wrote one of the featured articles.

Nice work!

Check it out. It's at natptax.com.
    Last edited by Armando Beaujolais; 11-09-2005, 01:49 PM. Reason: org to com

NATP's web site is
    The National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP) believes that all taxpayers should be supported by caring and well-educated tax professionals.

not natptax.org

The article is on Hobby Loss Rules, and you have to be a member of NATP to get through to the article.

Comment

NATP Non Member

Any idea how we can receive a copy of the article if we are not a member of NATP?

Sandy

Comment

Ditto

I'm with Sandy. I'm no longer a member of NATP, but would love to see this article also.

Dennis

Comment

benefits

I don't understand why you aren't a member any more, since you still feel the benefits of membership are valuable.

Comment

Membership

It is not that I wouldn't like to be a member, but if I joined all of the various groups, it would cost a fortune.

I am a member of NAEA, and the local California Chapter, which is close to $300 per year, plus a couple of other memberships.

So between memberships and educational costs for CPE, I have to consider all of the benefits offered.

Sandy

Comment

Membership

I agree with Sandy. I like NATP, but I am not a member. My member with NAEA is now around $200 a year in MA.

Comment

Two Tiers

When I looked into NATP, the cost of joining was higher for new members than for existing members. Certainly not prohibitive, but sorta left a bad taste in my mouth since most subscription-type organizations are heavily discounting first year invites in order to increase memberships. - Snag

Comment

I belong to NAEA, NATP, and NSA for two reasons:

1) The certificate hanging on the wall tells my clients I belong to professional organizations and meet their standards for membership.

2) The organizations have committees of members that keep watch over legislation that could affect the future of my profession. I trust that they have my best interest in mind because they are in the same business. If Congress tries to pass a stupid law to regulate my profession, I can feel confident there are many voices out there to represent me personally that I have helped to support through my membership dues. Without those voices, Congress would not know or understand how their stupid laws might affect our profession.

These intangible values mean a lot more to me than membership discounts for other products.

Comment

Sandy

I e-mailed you a copy of Brad's article. Hope you can open it.
                    Bill

Comment

Article

Thanks Bill,

Received it.

Thanks to all others who also offered to fax or email it.

Sandy

Comment

respect the rights

I wish we could respect the rights of those who create and publish our reference materials.

Comment

Working...
                        X