Cell phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cell phone

I know this was discussed, but now cannot not find on search. Cell phones - qualify for Telephone Tax Credit?

Thanks,
    JG

Originally posted by JG EA View Post
    I know this was discussed, but now cannot not find on search. Cell phones - qualify for Telephone Tax Credit?

Thanks,
    Of course they are qualified if you paid /charged taxes during the qualified period.
    brian
    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

My cell phone company

doesn't charge for long distance so I guess no credit.

Comment

Originally posted by veritas View Post
        doesn't charge for long distance so I guess no credit.
        Actually, they do. It is called "bundled service." The tax is figured in somehow when the phone company "bundles" the cost of local and long distance into one bill, such as a cell phone bill.

One way to prove it would be to use the alternative formula method described in TTB page 3-10. By comparing the telephone tax as a percentage of the total bill for April 2006, with the telephone tax as a percentage of the September 2006 total bill. You should notice a drop in that percentage, which would prove your cell phone company reduced the telephone tax for long distance after they no longer were required to charge for the long distance telephone excise tax.

Comment

Thank you!

Again may I say thank you. Do any of you have moments of panic - I should know this, why don't I know this. But now a few returns are done and things are feeling a little more normal.

I will read the references you mentioned again.

JG
          JG

Comment

You are not alone...

Originally posted by JG EA View Post
            ... Do any of you have moments of panic - I should know this, why don't I know this.
            JG
            More often than I care to admit!

That's why I'm so glad to have this board. The help we're able to get, even if it's confirming what we already know, is like belonging to one big firm without all the strings of 'partnership'.

Comment

Working...
            X