Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health Insurance need help!

Good day guys

Im Daveson, from Minnesota, I am shopping around for my health insurance and I'm hoping I can get opinions from everybody here about which ones to avoid and which ones you have had a good experience with. I have been surfing the net for good insurance, I came into [company link and name deleted] has anyone tried online insurance? how effective is the online quote system? can i depend my money on this?

thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Brad Imsdahl; 01-13-2007, 09:11 AM. Reason: Deleted company link and name.

Blue Cross?

Dave, are you shopping for yourself, or for a company with several employees? I don't know anyone who can give you the benefit of experience unless they know more about your situation.

If you're from Minnesota, understand also that not many major insurance companies are doing business there because of tough regulations that do not permit these companies from welching out on their insured. You might try Blue Cross.

Also, you may have the wrong forum. This is a board for tax practitioners. If we can help with other topics, most of us will be glad to do so, but I'm wondering if you knew this when you posted your question.

Comment

Check out HDHP policies

Be sure to check out high-deductible health plans, which can be used with HSAs if you choose. The premiums are lower of course. We use HDHPs and have found that our total costs have gone way down. Probably largely due to hesitation to go to the doctor for less serious ailments. We purchased online for our adult daughter, and have had no problem. The insurance company is a recognizable national name, however. Would recommend to go with a large insurer with familiar name if you buy online. -Bob

Comment

Working...
      X