Drake Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drake Software

Drake is at it again! Once again they have changed something from one year to the next which makes thing more complex. In fact the way it is this year is useless.

After downloading and installing updates, you used to be able to go to reports and read about the updates you just downloaded, in order.

This year, you have to go elsewhere in the program, and then the downloads are in various categories, such as 1040, 1065, 1120, 1120S. And they are filed in date order in each category which requires you to scroll each category looking for the most recent updates. And, if that isn't bad enough, the updates are also numbered such as 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. And under each number, there may be one, two, or more updates. Very complicated.

Just like Drake's backup and restore function. Totally useless.

Any comments? Or am I the only one noticing these?
    Jiggers, EA

Drake software

I use the backup restore function without any problem. My backup is simplistic. Using a flash drive, I backup all data files. Then, to another machine that I have the program installed on, I run the restore function. Of course I cannot speak for networks, etc.
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Drake Backup

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
      I use the backup restore function without any problem. My backup is simplistic. Using a flash drive, I backup all data files. Then, to another machine that I have the program installed on, I run the restore function. Of course I cannot speak for networks, etc.
      I back up clients to a disk. Sometime later, another day, another week, whenever, I have a need to restore. How do I find where the client is when you have to pick a date on the restore function.

You have to know the date that the client was backed up. Useless recordkeeping is required.
      Jiggers, EA

Comment

Drake & Others

I'm so glad I got started with TaxWise.
        All the above complaints are a total none problem, and most of the problems posted about other software is not a problem using taxwise....I'm very spoiled....:>)
        Confucius say:
        He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

No problems with the drake backup

However the Client Writeup program has given me fits on payroll this year. A number of changes were made to the withholding options. If a prior period paycheck wasn't printed the state and federal withholding was set to $0 after the updates. Made my W-2 procesing a real joy this year.
          In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
          Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

After downloading and installing updates, you used to be able to go to reports and read about the updates you just downloaded, in order.

Very complicated.

I am in total agreement with you. i just cant find the reports.

brian.
            Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Help>Check Installation. The details are accessed by clicking the links at the bottom.

Comment

Huh?

Originally posted by Davc View Post
                Help>Check Installation. The details are accessed by clicking the links at the bottom.

I know how to check to see if the updates are downloaded. The problem is accessing the most recent updates. You have to hunt for the most recent updates. If they have as many as they had last year, you will be spending a lot of unnecessary time doing this.
                Jiggers, EA

Comment

Working...
                X