Car, motel, food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Management & Profit

Hey folks just curious, haw can so many of you have time to post so many messages here and still have time to manage a profitable business?

K

Comment

The short version

Originally posted by Unregistered
      No (except on this board which requires 10 characters or more).
      Thanks, Unregistered. No question but what your answer is concise. And, coupled with your in-depth analysis, it's suddenly all perfectly clear.

P.S. Yes, I know it's not rocket science, but I was grasping for straw exceptions to the rule (possibly a former court case); maybe linking the diploma major to the vocation sought.

Comment

Curly-Que

Originally posted by Kurly
        Hey folks just curious, haw can so many of you have time to post so many messages here and still have time to manage a profitable business?

K
        Who says our businesses are profitable? We just work a whole lot. If you make groceries you're staying even. Is there some other rule of business that I need to know? Something profound you've discovered? Feel free to share.

How can I post all this blather and still get anything else done? Well, I get up at 9 A.M., work 'til 5 P.M., eat supper and watch TV until 8 P.M. sleep 'til 2 A.M., get up and work 'til 6 A.M., go back to sleep, get up again at 9 A.M., go to work and then do it all over again.

I like to post to this board and I'm including that in my definition of "work" since it's done in my office. But if it makes you feel any better, my significant spouse is always hollering at me to "get off that dang message board and do some taxes." And...I plan to do just that for a while which will give both you and me a break.

Best regards from the prolific non-profiteer, BB

Comment

Fun learning

Originally posted by Black Bart
          Thanks, Unregistered. No question but what your answer is concise. And, coupled with your in-depth analysis, it's suddenly all perfectly clear.

P.S. Yes, I know it's not rocket science, but I was grasping for straw exceptions to the rule (possibly a former court case); maybe linking the diploma major to the vocation sought.
          Everyone knows you already knew the answer. I do like the humor on this board considering what many would consider awfully boring subject matter. I've already found there is more to be learned simply reading this board & others like it than the CPE I'm required to take as a CPA.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart
            I like to post to this board and I'm including that in my definition of "work" since it's done in my office. But if it makes you feel any better, my significant spouse is always hollering at me to "get off that dang message board and do some taxes." And...I plan to do just that for a while which will give both you and me a break.
            Maybe Kurly is really your significant spouse....comming on this message board trying to tell you to quit goofing off....

Comment

Unregistered CPA

Originally posted by Unregistered
              Everyone knows you already knew the answer. I do like the humor on this board considering what many would consider awfully boring subject matter. I've already found there is more to be learned simply reading this board & others like it than the CPE I'm required to take as a CPA.
              (1) Re. Knew the answer:
              Don't be so sure. In this case, yes. Not always, though. Sometimes I just hate to look somethin' up and it's easier to ask the smart guys. In the year or so I've been hackin' 'round this canebreak, I've asked stupid questions, championed outlandish tax positions, and generally exceeded the bounds of good taste while simultaneously offending (I assume) numerous serious, sober, solemn, strait-laced, stuffed-shirts. With a little effort you can do the same.

Re. Humor / boring subject matter:
              Boring? What boring? / Yeah, it is fun, isn't it? Heard this one? Guy asks, "What's an actuary"? Reply, "An actuary is someone who doesn't have the personality to be a CPA." / Yes, there are some entertaining characters on here; the work of whom (there, J.G.-I used it) I enjoy reading.

(3) Re. The Learning Center: No question but what you'll pick up more real world stuff on this board in 30 minutes than you could snore through in 30 days of CPE courses.

Welcome to the board, if you ain't already been welcomed. Give yourself a posting name and talk for the folks (we indulge and humor newbies).

CPA's are an endangered species around here. Can I have your autograph?

Comment

Working...
              X