You know this message board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know this message board

is addictive. When I get to work in the morning I check to see what's up. When I get home I watch the news while I'm reading the posts.

It's gotten so bad I go to other message boards. Does that make me a troll?

Well, I dunno.

Originally posted by veritas
    I go to other message boards. Does that make me a troll?
    Maybe you're a troll. But before we shoot you...I wonder just exactly what one is? I see that word used about people every now and then, but as far as I know, I haven't run into any trolls (unless they were disguised as normal people).

Do you think it's a male version of the female "trollop?"

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart
      Maybe you're a troll. But before we shoot you...I wonder just exactly what one is? I see that word used about people every now and then, but as far as I know, I haven't run into any trolls (unless they were disguised as normal people).

Do you think it's a male version of the female "trollop?"
      I don't believe so. A troll, you see, is a troll is a troll, and most live under bridges where goats cross between lush green pastures. However, and this is an important point, most trolls are not officially designated as such until and unless they jump out, roaring, from under the bridge to frighten and otherwise harrass innocent little billy goats who are guilty of nothing more than wishing to taste the fresh sweet grass in the field yonder.

In other words, if you hide under the cyber-bridge watching, but you never jump out and roar, you are not a troll. You are a "lurker." Only at the point when a lurker jumps out and roars something for the specific purpose of causing trouble does the lurker become a troll.

And they lived happily ever after.

Comment

Internet terminology

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others.

Comment

Trolling: I now see the light and it's fantastic.

Originally posted by jainen
          [url]

...a troll is a person who...cause(s) disruption...posting messages that are...off-topic...
          I cain't believe it. I'm a troll? And...and...I didn't have a clue.

It must be sort of like sinnin' -- you know how that sneaks up on you and you sin before you think? Well, I guess a person can be up and trollin' away at a right smart pace and not even know it.

And I don't even like lamb chops.

Comment

Missed this board

My life has been such a crazy mess for the past few months that I haven't had a chance to read this board at all. I decided to look at it tonight and realized how much I have missed it.
            So I will vow to look at it every day and read as many messages as I can. It is almost time for our clients to start calling and coming in. I better get ready.

Linda F

Comment

Welcome back, Linda

Welcome back, Linda. I hope you'll take time to read my recent posts containing bogus information. I thought they were extremely clever, but for some reason they didn't generate much discussion. Maybe you'll like 'em more!

Comment

Do tell,

Originally posted by Linda F
                My life has been such a crazy mess for the past few months...

Linda F
                If modesty permits. Nothin' like a human interest story to get the drab out of a board.

Comment

Working...
                X