Tax Extenders Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Extenders Act

Quickfinders web site now has a summary of the new Tax Extenders Act and a summary of IRS guidance on how to report these items on 2006 forms.

Thanks for the info, Jim. Are you also going to go over to the Quickfinder's Message Board and announce our coverage of the new tax act?

Comment

Brad...where is that...

Originally posted by Brad Imsdahl
      Thanks for the info, Jim. Are you also going to go over to the Quickfinder's Message Board and announce our coverage of the new tax act?
      Particular bit of info? I don't think I've seen it on here yet.

Thanks!

Eli

Comment

The 'other board' got there first

The 'other board' lists all the lines to be used for the items omitted from the tax forms and the codes to be placed beside them.
        You win a few, you lose a few. Quickfinders got there firstest with the mostest this time.
        Will I switch to Quickfinders? No. One coup does not win the war.

Comment

It doesn’t matter to me who put it up first, but I watched it on Tax talk Today 12/12/06
          Three days before Quickfinder posted it.

[
          Last edited by Gene V; 12-17-2006, 10:25 AM.

Comment

?????

Doesn't this strike anyone except Brad as inappropiate? Are we so used to callous behavior that bad manners and unfair business practices aren't even noticed?

It doesn't matter if QF had it first, last, or at all. It's not right to use this website to tout the wares of their competitors -- and I'll bet QF feels the same.
            Last edited by Black Bart; 12-16-2006, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Those rascally

Northerners.

Comment

Thought this board was all about sharing useful tax information with other professionals. Was not aware of the competitive paranoia......My mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmcg
                  Thought this board was all about sharing useful tax information with other professionals. Was not aware of the competitive paranoia......My mistake.
                  There is no competitive paranoia here. All I asked is whether you are going to announce on Quickfinder's Message board our coverage of the new tax act?

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                    Particular bit of info? I don't think I've seen it on here yet.
                    It is our plan to post the information on our updates page sometime this week after the bulk of our 2006 edition books have been shipped.

Comment

Paranoia

There is no competitive paranoia here.
                      He wasn't talking about you, Brad; he was talking about me.

Look jimm -- Maybe I overreacted with "callous behavior...unfair business...etc." (you've posted some very good stuff here) and I apologize for those remarks, but it just seemed out of place to me. Gene's "Tax Talk" post isn't about a competing book, but the QF post strikes me like this -- how would you feel if someone came into your office and said "Hey everybody; H&R Block down the street has much better service than jimm (or Bart or Brad) here -- you need to go down there."

Still; if it doesn't bother anybody else, then I guess it shouldn't bother me.

Comment

No problem BB. Did not take it personally. I didn't say the info was better, just that it was available. It is up to the reader to determine it's worth. I personally think this Board is the best among others and all the members are very astute. Hang in there, my friend.

Comment

The President just signed the bill.

I will post our coverage to our updates page in just a few minutes....soon as I finish my lunch.
                          Last edited by Brad Imsdahl; 12-20-2006, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Done with my lunch.

Here you go.

TheTaxBook is the #1 fast-answer tax publication in America. Our publications provide fast answers to tax questions for tax practitioners!

Comment

There is no competitive paranoia here. All I asked is whether you are going to announce on Quickfinder's Message board our coverage of the new tax act?
                              Since it is already posted on the QF board what purpose would posting the TB coverage of the act there. Here it serves a purpose since it is not posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X