Federal Tax Deposit Coupons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corporate client in Texas has never had to use Federal Tax Deposit Coupons. However, starting payroll and will have to do payroll tax deposits.

How do I get them a pre-printed book of coupons from the IRS? At what address or phone #?
    Jiggers, EA

Call 1-800-829-1040 - follow a voice mail prompt for business taxes - then that voice mail will give you a prompt for ftd coupons
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Eftps

I'm doing my best to get all of my clients switched over to EFTPS, so there are no coupons.

Comment

Only thing,

Originally posted by JoshinNC
        I'm doing my best to get all of my clients switched over to EFTPS, so there are no coupons.
        if it's later convenient to do paper deposits, you can't go back to them (IRS won't let you).

Comment

True, and

Originally posted by Matt Sova
          I had a client that ran out of 8109 coupons. I had some blank ones so I gave those to him and contacted the IRS to get more. She said they no longer automatically send them out to semi-weekly depositors because they want them on EFTPS.
          the package they send out to new business owners doesn't even mention paper coupons as an option. They subtly imply you're already enrolled in EFTPS (although you're not unless you apply) and the average unknowing business owner would most likely assume he/she was from reading the brochures.

I like the paper because the client gets to see it, feels like I'm doing something for him, and it helps justify my fees. There's not much sense of work performed doing it EF and nothing at all if he has to do it himself. Of course, this kind of reasoning is immaterial to IRS who just wants things done the easiest way possible for their personnel -- not that I blame them, but I'm just as interested in my welfare as they are in theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart
            if it's later convenient to do paper deposits, you can't go back to them (IRS won't let you).
            I've had many occations to file client's 8109 on the 15th. Most of the time I file everything EFTPS but if they don't have the money until the 15th, it is too late to call it in then. I haven't signed up yet for the internet filing. Perhaps you can do that one on the 15th.
            JG

Comment

Don't know about internet filing, but

Originally posted by JG EA

...the internet filing. Perhaps you can do that one on the 15th.
              thinking about my earlier statement that you can't go back, now I'm not so all-fired sure that it's true. An IRS payroll tax rep told me that, but what they say and what they do frequently differ. I'm kind of thinking now that maybe she said that just because it's "company policy" they want followed -- just as they don't mention paper deposits to new businesses.

Too, I don't personally know of any enforcement of this "rule." I'll just bet EFTPS depositors could take paper to the bank and it would sail right through without a glitch.

Next chance I get, I'm giving it a shot to find out if we have options.

Comment

going back

Originally posted by Black Bart
                oh really? I have a client who signed up for EFTS last June, but then his wife took over
                (both are LLC members) and has been using coupons ever since with no
                reprecussions.

Will the other shoe drop?

ChEAr$,
                Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA
                ChEAr$,
                Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

blue coupons

The trouble I've run into here recently is that although I've ordered a supply twice in the
                  last three months, they never arrive. And client is not signed up for EFTS, nor will he;
                  he doesn't even own a computer.

So, he reasons, if they don't send him coupons, "they" must not want him to pay.
                  (grin)

ChEAr$,
                  Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA
                  ChEAr$,
                  Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
                  X