W-2 Forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W-2 Forms

This was the first year I offered payroll services. I need to order some W-2 forms for use with QuickBooks. I will be printing W-2's for around 75 employees. I can get the ProAdvisor discount if I order the forms and envelopes from QuickBooks, but I was looking for other alternatives. I received a catalog from Tenenz, has anyone here ever used their products?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

W-2s

W-2s & W-3s can be printed on plain white copy paper if you wish to do that.

Comment

W-2 forms

can also be filled out on the S/S website. Then you can email or print the completed W2. You do have to register w/SS which is very easy. I do this for my clients. This is the link I use: http://www.socialsecurity.gov/bso/bsowelcome.htm
      This works for the Fed but I do have to mail the state transmital copy of the W3c. (unless this has changed from last year).
      Larry M

Comment

Depending on how many you need, you can also order them from the IRS for free. I've done that for the few clients I need to generate a W-2 for.

Comment

Free forms

I've done it all three ways:
          [1] Ordered special forms for use with a laser printer with perforated tear-off sides to make the page 8½ X 11
          [2] Used the free forms from the IRS which work just about as well as the 8½ X 11 sheets you buy.
          [3] E-filed using the SSA''s BSO web site.

I prefer efiling them. No mailing, no client calling to ask where he needs to send them,
          no client keeping copy A and filing some other copy, no client sending in W-2s without sending a W-3

Comment

Busiforms

Evaluate whether your software will do a user-friendly job of generating these W-2s. Be sure and TEST this sometime in December.

If your software does a good job in the production of W-2s, 1099s, etc. then go ahead and buy the forms as cheaply as you can.

If it does NOT, then consider BusiForms out of Chattanooga. Programmed by a computer geek who is a lifelong tax practitioner and has been in the tax software business for years. I spend a lousy $50 annually with BusiForms, and so do thousands of other tax folks in every state.

The board is not a proper forum to plug products, but we do it all the time here if we think it may be of benefit. Here is the link:

Comment

For a good company call

Print Management Partners

Excellent service-Good prices

They carry tax forms and we also buy our payroll check stock from them.

They would make a good preferred supplier for TheTaxBook
              Last edited by veritas; 11-29-2006, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Quickbooks W-2

If you are using quickbooks, you can print on plain paper both the W-3 and W-2 for the government copies and employer copy, all you will need to purchase is the blank perforated paper and envelopes for the Employee.

Here is the intuit link http://intuitmarket.intuit.com/fsg/p...ERF-01&brand=3

Sandy

Comment

Working...
                X