Highway Robbery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highway Robbery

Just filled up my little puddlejumper for 27 bucks (only $2.02 per gallon). I almost feel like I'm robbing Exxon-Mobil at that price, which is probably no more than a two or three hundred percent markup (just guessing) and nowhere near the "obscene" profits they're used to.

Do you think I should write the CEO and apologize?

Send me some. I just paid 2.53 per gallon. Washington is worse.

Comment

Apoligize to the Saudi's and Iran

Originally posted by Black Bart
      Just filled up my little puddlejumper for 27 bucks (only $2.02 per gallon). I almost feel like I'm robbing Exxon-Mobil at that price, which is probably no more than a two or three hundred percent markup (just guessing) and nowhere near the "obscene" profits they're used to.

Do you think I should write the CEO and apologize?
      The apology is due to Saudi Arabia, President Ahmadinejad of Iran, Putin of Russia, and a few other OPEC nations////thats where most of the price of gas ends up.

Comment

Don't forget Hugo Chavez of

Venezeula (he's buddies with the prez of Iran). The Cities Service station where I filled up is his brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart
          Venezeula (he's buddies with the prez of Iran). The Cities Service station where I filled up is his brand.

There were some native indians in Alaska who were offered free oil for heating in their village which is hurting economically.

The head guy said "No Thanks" to Chavez.
          Last edited by veritas; 11-27-2006, 08:35 PM.

Comment

$2.53....wow

Originally posted by veritas
            Send me some. I just paid 2.53 per gallon. Washington is worse.
            We're still paying $1.99 at a lot of places around here (South Texas).

Eli

Comment

2.59 in the Umpqua Valley of Oregon.

Comment

Working...
              X