Audit - Rush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audit - Rush

As I write this, Client's village revenue is being audited by another CPA frim hired by village.

He wants copy of some documents. I told him I need to let client know and get his permission.

How should I handle the question?

Thanks!

get his permission

Tell him you need to let the client know and get his permission.

Comment

Audit-Rush

I believe you and your client have a right to know WHY the City wants the audit.
      Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Most municipalites do periodic random audit compliance checks. Some have their own auditors and some sub out the audit process. As long as you get the client's written permission to release relevant documents and communicate relevant information to them you should consider this as an opportunity to represent your client's best interests. That's why you get the "big bucks."

Comment

Originally posted by TAX
          How should I handle the question?
          So why RUSH?...... Its not your problem... You are not the one wanting documents... The Village CPA's emergency is not your emergency.... There is always tomorrow.... Cool it.

Comment

Just say no?

I have had banks and even the State Comptroller ask for clients' financial information.
            I always tell them that they first have to get the client to authorize me to release the information. I also call the client and let him know and ask whether he objects.

If the client objects, the State can always force him to authorize the release of the records and the bank can always refuse to give him the loan.

Comment

Working...
            X