Butterball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butterball

My stomach looks like I swallowed one. I never want to eat another bite of the stuff.

I wonder if they celebrate Thanksgiving in Turkey?

Turkey

Bart,

I just emailed Sandy to tell her that today I've downed two turkey and dressing sandwiches, one to go!

Stomach is still somewhat flat. Although, maybe not after the third one tonight.

Dennis

Comment

Turkey

Well Turkey dinner with all the fixins on Thursday, my husband had a turkey sandwich on Fri, then Turkey dinner all over again Friday nite.

I still have Turkey and Dressing and Gravy, so going to the internet to find other creative ways to use up the Turkey. Oh then let us not forget the Turkey Soup (the broth, etc are in the freezer)

How do Turkey Reuben Sandwiches sound, some other kind of Turkey cassarole and maybe Turkey Enchiladas?

With all of this "tryptophan" we should all be sleeeeeping well! http://www.howstuffworks.com/question519.htm

Sandy
      Last edited by S T; 11-25-2006, 02:45 AM. Reason: More

Comment

Mother-in-law's Turkey Recipe

Turkey Recipe

Here is a turkey recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as a stuffing - imagine that. When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who just are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out. Give this a try. Be sure to read through entire recipe before preparing.

BAKED STUFFED TURKEY
        6-7 lb. Turkey
        1 cup melted butter
        1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is good.)
        1 cup uncooked popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT)
        Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter salt, and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven. Listen for the popping sounds.

When the turkey's a** blows the oven door open and the turkey flies across the room, it's done.
        -----------------------------------------------------------

I don't eat much at the in-laws, its hard to eat with stuff flying around, ducking here and there, and holding back the laughter
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

Gumbo

I still have Turkey and Dressing and Gravy, so going to the internet to find other creative ways to use up the Turkey. Oh then let us not forget the Turkey Soup (the broth, etc are in the freezer)

Sandy[/QUOTE]

Bring from Louisiana leftover turkey makes a really good gumbo.

Comment

Sounds so painful!

My stomach looks like I swallowed one. I never want to eat another bite of the stuff.
            Bart,

I've been thinking about you for a few days and wanted to know if your appearence/pain threshold has gotten better?

Finished the last of the turkey breast and now onto the turkey enchiladas my wife makes. She has such a good recipe and I really enjoy them when she has the time to make them!

Not sure about Sandy's suggestion about turkey Reubens! I love Reuben sandwiches, but that does not sound good to me.

Dennis

Comment

Working...
            X