Farm Payroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farm Payroll

I have very little experience with Form 943 clients.

In the information for Form 940 I concluded that a farm sole proprietor with one employee who will only make $2000 for 2006 will not need to file or pay FUTA.

Is this correct?
    JG

Farm FUTA

I've been kinda phasin' out of the farm tax biz for some time now, but we never paid FUTA on anybody -- just FICA. Farmers aren't totally exempt or anything, but (unless it's changed) you have to pay $20K wages in a quarter for FUTA to catch you and our guys weren't highrollers like that. There was another rule about having several people working for you at once, but I don't remember the details on that part. It never affected us and anyhow you've only got the one hand.

We used to order the IRS pub for it -- the "Farmer's Tax Guide" and it was a fairly thick booklet. I imagine you could do a search at the IRS website, pull it up in PDF, and find the dope on it in the index if you want to go to the trouble.

Anyway, I think you're right that there would not be any FUTA tax due nor any requirement to file a 940 in your case.
    Last edited by Black Bart; 11-24-2006, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Farm FUTA

Based on the question, no Farm FUTA.
      Jiggers, EA

Comment

Thank you,

Thanks, thought I'd said thanks last night but it disappeared. I think sometimes I think I'm clicking on submit and really not. Anyway, I appreciate the help.

JG
        JG

Comment

Working...
        X