Employer(church) Provided Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employer(church) Provided Vehicle

What Is The Better Procedure To Follow When A Church Desires To Present A Vehicle To Its Pastor?
    A) Is It Better For The Church Or Pastor To Maintain Ownership Of The Vehicle?

B) Is It Better For The Church Or Pastor To Lease The Vehicle?

Dear B

Originally posted by MR B
    What Is The Better Procedure To Follow When A Church Desires To Present A Vehicle To Its Pastor?
    A) Is It Better For The Church Or Pastor To Maintain Ownership Of The Vehicle?

B) Is It Better For The Church Or Pastor To Lease The Vehicle?
    I Do Not Have The Slightest Idea Because Preachers (And Churches) In This Neck Of The Woods Generally Just Ignore The Whole Thing. However, If You Will Hang Around Until About Ten O'Clock This Morning, You Most Likely Will Be Swamped With Answers (We LOVE Church-Related Questions On This Board).

Best Regards, BB

Comment

Hmmm.

Or not.

Maybe they're all gone to church.

Comment

Yes I like these questions

In either case the car would be compensation to the pastor for any personal use. Which includes driving to and from the church I don't care what the reason or how many times a day.

Which also brings to mind the practice of collecting money around the holidays and presenting it to the pastor as a "gift". Sorry this is taxable income also.

If the pastor doesn't like it tell him to increase his(or her) housing allowance or exempt themselves from fica tax.

Comment

Working...
        X