Another one bites the dust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one bites the dust.

I've watched this guy on tv before. Ken Hovind or known as Dr. Dino.

All Monies & property belong to God

God, through Jesus, said "Render unto Ceasar the things that are Ceasars and render
    unto God those things that are Gods". Notice that render unto Ceasar is first.
    Looks like in this case that Ceasar is going to come after his share.

Comment

Thanks, Veritas

Too bad ywe have such charlatans in the world today. I appreciated very much reading about this person.

Now if Ican figure out how to login. Chief.

Comment

Makes you wonder....

Originally posted by Bird Legs
        God, through Jesus, said "Render unto Ceasar the things that are Ceasars and render
        unto God those things that are Gods".
        Exactly!!

Our neighbor did four years at club Fed, and my son's former employer is looking at a possible five. Both claim to be followers of Y'shua (Jesus), but they certainly didn't listen to His clear instuction in this area, to their own deep regret.

But rather than point the finger, me thinks I must examine my own house to see if I am also guilty of blatantly ignoring the Master's instructions in some area of my life...

Comment

plain instructions

>>to see if I am also guilty of blatantly ignoring the Master's instructions<<

He also said we ALL have sinned and come short of God's glory, so to even ask such a question about oneself goes against the plain instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by jainen
            He also said we ALL have sinned and come short of God's glory, so to even ask such a question about oneself goes against the plain instructions.
            It is also written:

Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
            But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 1Cor 11:27 & 28

also,

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? 2Cor 13:5

Paul's not talking to unbelievers in these two passages.

Don't want to get into a p___n match with you, bro, cuz I'm sure you'd win. ) Just reflecting for a moment.

Comment

Maybe Ken skipped this one:

Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.

Romans 13:1

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky
                Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? 2Cor 13:5
                The apostle Paul did not speak 16th century King's English, as the language had yet to be invented. He spoke and wrote in Koine Greek, the common language used throughout the Roman Empire. I am curious why certain preachers on TV today still quote God as if he only speaks using words like ye, thy, thee, and reprobates?

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees
                  The apostle Paul did not speak 16th century King's English, as the language had yet to be invented. He spoke and wrote in Koine Greek, the common language used throughout the Roman Empire. I am curious why certain preachers on TV today still quote God as if he only speaks using words like ye, thy, thee, and reprobates?
                  What! you mean to tell me that Jesus and the apostles were not white, english speaking anglo saxons? Com'on Bees you are pulling my leg! I mean seriously that is funny joke!

Comment

Originally posted by sea-tax
                    What! you mean to tell me that Jesus and the apostles were not white, english speaking anglo saxons? Com'on Bees you are pulling my leg! I mean seriously that is funny joke!
                    One of the things that turned me off as a kid was sitting in Church listening to ye this and thee that, and whatever...Later in College I got a hold of a modern English translation and started reading.

Sorry to nit pick on it...for me, hearing a thee and a ye is like someone scraping their finger nails across a black board.

Comment

For sure, no KJV in Roman occupied Judea! Scholars have debated that he may have spoke and written in Aramaic, however.

Comment

Aramaic, Greek and Hebrew were all common during that time period. Most people back then spoke multiple languages. Judea was kind of a melting pot of many cultures, as Jews from many different countries would travel to Judea during various festivals throughout the year.
                        Last edited by Bees Knees; 11-17-2006, 01:51 PM.

Comment

3-year cycle

Do you think his disciples had to put in 72 hours of CPE every 3-year cycle?

Comment

Sorry, Bees!

Gee, Bees,
                            Sure didn't mean to offend you with the KJV! It just happens to be what is on my computer because it's the most easily cross referenced with all the concordances and dictionaries.

I have other versions on my bookshelf so if the need should arise to quote again I will take the time to use one of those.

Comment

And let us not forget...

"And every sheckel collected shall be accounted for in ye old daily ledger. And every goat depreciated over 3 years"
                              - Paul's letter to the Auditors

Comment

Working...
                              X