Jack and the She-talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack and the She-talk

OldJack / Regarding your comments in Veritas' "What to read?" post down the page about Hillary maybe not being the Dem presidential candidate: Who else have they got?

Feinstein's dropped out; Biden doesn't have enough support; Obama doesn't either. Maybe Mayor Rudy, but outside of that....?

The media do have a great influence, but I don't think they'll decide it like you think they will -- they were completely suprised about the Reagan landslide in 1980.

I'll bet you a fifth of Black Jack that it's between McCain and Hillary

Hillary????

Help us all if it is Hillary!!!

Comment

Dream ticket

McCain AND Hillary.

Comment

Democrat President?

Why the glee from the democrats on the recent election???? They have had a democrat president for the last 2 years. Pork barrell legislation never vetoed, excessive spending never vetoed, and open borders!

I bet Reagan is rolling over in his grave. I would like to see a McCain/Powell ticket.

And, Bush appointed a Texas Aggie to replace Rumsfeld!!! They can't even build a bonfire!
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

Bonfire

I got the bonfire comment. Do you think others did?

Comment

Bonfire!

Gary, I doubt that. Hope they get the Aggie part!

You know we have one for Gov. Just wish someone worth something had run against him.
            Jiggers, EA

Comment

That was a very sad occasion with several deaths involved.

Comment

Election

Liberals and conservatives have been at it for a long time. What really bothers
                me is that the terrorists are happy with the results and have expressed such.

Comment

There were several...

deaths & I really think that was an uncalled for & insensitive statement to make.

Eli

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                    deaths & I really think that was an uncalled for & insensitive statement to make.

Eli

Well guys and gals I think we need to give Jiggers a little break. I mean the joke was insensitive but that doesn't make it uncalled for. People have made OJ jokes forever and that was about a murder of two individuals. All I am saying that is in Texas college rivalries are big and serious business so give him a little break. I am sure it was meant in good fun.

Comment

Gridlock is Good

I think it’s way too early for Hillary to be chilling the bubbly. The voters have returned to their senses and restored gridlock to the government. Doesn’t really matter which side controls what, it’s just important that no side control it all. The harder it is to pass legislation the less mischief they can get into. The safe money in 2008 will be on the Republican.

No man’s life, liberty or property is safe as long as Congress is in session.
                      Will Rogers
                      In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
                      Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart
                        The media do have a great influence, but I don't think they'll decide it like you think they will -- they were completely surprised about the Reagan landslide in 1980.

I'll bet you a fifth of Black Jack that it's between McCain and Hillary
                        The media is always surprised when a conservative Republican wins as they always think a liberal democrat has the right to win. For some reason the media folk think the Democratic Party is for the average and poor person. That is true only when it comes to taxing. Tax the average (they call them rich) and give it to the poor. As to betting on politics... not for me as I only bet on things that can't be fixed.

Comment

Candidates

Both parties pick the candidate preferred byi the more fanatical supporters of the party; i.e. the extreme liberals and the extreme conservatives that follow the party line as if it were religious dogma and burning in hell was the alternative.

Look at the example of Michael Dukakas and John Kerry. No matter how much you disliked the Republican alternative it was definately better than Dukakas or Kerry.

Another example was the Goldwater nomination. In retrospect, however, Goldwater looks pretty good in many ways compared to the current Republican leadership--aside from his idea of defoliating trees with atomic bombs.

Aggies are another whole subject. Gov. Rick Perry is a good example of why Aggie jokes are always about their stupidity. However, I've known some smart Aggies. One of them also was pretty good at telling Aggie jokes. He said he told his kids they could go to any college they chose, but if they went to Texas A&M he would pay for it.

Comment

These guys aren't kidding

>>The safe money in 2008 will be on the Republican<<

First of all, I'm not at all sure there IS any safe money looking forward two years. The Chinese can bring it all down simply by sitting out a treasury auction or two, which could easily happen if we mess with their Iranian oil supply and some suggest we might be thinking of doing just that before the new Congress takes on too much control. Right now Beijing is propping us up but for some mysterious reason our government is pushing them to let their currency float, which means it would go up relative to the dollar going down and all them toys we love gonna get mighty expensive.

Here's my prediction for the 2008 election: Suspended. The pres even suggested it himself this past weekend, and these guys aren't kidding.

Comment

My prediction for the 2008 election is there is going to be negative campaigning by both sides. Each politician’s TV ad will start off with a not very flattering black and white picture of their opponent with gloomy sounding music while a sad voice tells you how the opposing candidate favors having your 94 year old Grandmother eat dog food out of a garbage can. Then, a sudden segue to happy music showing the candidate of choice in a colorful photo with lots of happy smiling children joyfully running into the safe arms of mommy and daddy with a pleasant sounding voice telling you this candidate plans to work for your children’s future until the job gets done.

Maybe if candidates tried doing the Super Bowl TV ad approach, people might at least be entertained by the nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                              X