Veterans Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veterans Day

Hope everyone on this board will take just a few minutes of your time, today, to say
    thank you to all the veterans and members of the armed services.

Yes Indeed

Yes, thank you Bird Legs for the reminder. We would not have our United States of America if it were not for the Veterans.

Comment

Why thank you Bird Legs, I'm an old vet and other vets will appreciate your post. Its nice now days that vets have two vet days, November and Memorial Day. I can remember when Memorial Day was called Decoration Day to honor all the dead in the cemetery.

Comment

I, too, appreciate it.

USMC (Ret)

Comment

Old Vet

Originally posted by OldJack
          Why thank you Bird Legs, I'm an old vet and other vets will appreciate your post. Its nice now days that vets have two vet days, November and Memorial Day. I can remember when Memorial Day was called Decoration Day to honor all the dead in the cemetery.

Jack, you are old

brian
          Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Ex S/Sgt

I'm an ex-S/Sgt. My days on KP still haunt me. Getting out of KP was one of the best parts about being an NCO.

Comment

Vetrans

Thank you Birds Legs. US Army 1948-52 Japan/Korea

Comment

I can't say how much I respect those who have served in our Armed Services.

God bless

Comment

Veterans

One of the most moving experiences I had was about 6 months ago.
                  Wife and I went out for dinner. Got to the restaurant, sat down at a table.
                  The waiter came over to take our order. He was about 24 yrs. old, and looked
                  like he was from China, Korea. Asked him and he said he was from Korea.
                  Told him I was there in '52-'53.
                  He bowed from the waist, then shook my hand and said thank you.
                  He then said I probably would not be here today if not for the American
                  Military.

Comment

Air Force

Bird Leggs, nice story. I was in the Air Force from 1961-1965. Just missed Asia.
                    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Air Force

I was also in the Air Force. I worked for the Auditor General at Shaw AFB and Harlingen AFB. After I got out, I worked three more years for the Auditor General at Kelly AFB as a civilian.

Comment

Vets

If you have the freedom to express your views on the internet, thank a vet.

If you can read it, thank a teacher.

Thanks to all vets. As a tax preparer, I take very few holidays. Veterans Day and Memorial Day are two. I always have and I always will. I have no prejudice against any vet in any war or police skirmish!
                        Jiggers, EA

Comment

No prejudice against any vet

I cannot see how anyone could have any prejudice against any vet, even if you opposed the war in which they were involved.
                          People who serve in the military must endure a lot of things ranging from inconvenience to life threatning situations. They run the risk of being killed or injured in combat while we live safely and endure nothing more than an occasional bump in the road.

Comment

Air Force

Joe, what gets me are those that only see a "threat" when it happens in "their" family or on "their" street. Nothing else matters and they have no sense of humanity, the world, and most of all, their Country. Planning is not in their "mind set". They are against every war regardless of its reason. Its ironic that they can get into that frame of mind, because there are those that worry and protect them in spite of theirselves. Pure lack of vision. These are those people that I call "Takers", they give nothing.

Joe, I was in SAC Security Police at Schilling AFB Kansas. Alot of my time was spent TDY to Alaska, Spain ( Cuban Crisis) and Guam. Of the 4 years, 2 were spent in Kansas.
                            I hated Kansas in the Summer and Winter, 100+ degree difference in temperture and lots of wind in all four seasons. I put up with Kansas by being in a Rock N' Roll Band, "The Casuals", during the 2 years I was actually there. (Played guitar)
                            Last edited by BOB W; 11-12-2006, 11:32 PM.
                            This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Speaking of that. Went and watched my son play in his band tonight at of all places, Sears.

Comment

Working...
                              X