Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amish are Baptist1

Originally posted by sea-tax
    My question is How do you become Amish? I mean I would love not to have to worry about paying into Social Security.

Do they also do this for Catholics or Lutherns?
    The Amish are a branch of the Baptist Religion (called AnaBaptist). So if one were to join the Amish they would become Baptist.

Comment

Elect Out

Originally posted by Bird Legs
      Do the Amish people have Soc. Sec. numbers?
      Do they file tax returns and pay income tax?
      Just wondering.
      If Amish elect out of Soc Sec, then they may not have a number. Most tax software will let you type the word Amish in place of entering a Soc Sec #. Some software has Amish as a pull down choice.

Comment

As a fellow Catholic

Originally posted by sea-tax
        Well shoot we are brothers from a different mother cause I am a Catholic. Did you ever wonder why we just don't end the long standing feud and get back together? I mean didn't that whole reformation thing happen like years ago.
        As a fellow Catholic, I assure you the feud is over. The Amsih and Catholics get along fine. We have Amish friends that we take our kids over the their farm sometimes. Amish and "English" as they call us, are neighbors and get along fine. Actually we live about 1/2 hour away, before we start seeing Amish. I admire the Amish very much. I believe with constant dialog and jestures of unity, someday in the far future, difference can be reconciled, one difference at a time, one generation at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by John of PA
          As a fellow Catholic, I assure you the feud is over. The Amsih and Catholics get along fine. We have Amish friends that we take our kids over the their farm sometimes. Amish and "English" as they call us, are neighbors and get along fine. Actually we live about 1/2 hour away, before we start seeing Amish. I admire the Amish very much. I believe with constant dialog and jestures of unity, someday in the far future, difference can be reconciled, one difference at a time, one generation at a time.

Actually I was refering to Catholics and Lutherns. See Lutherns used to be catholics until Martin got pissed and hung a leter on the church door. Or something like that.

Comment

Working...
          X