Computer Dummy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer Dummy

I am going to a paperless office this year and have 2 monitors.I have both hooked up but how do you open another program on monitor two.Not a tax question but I know some of you have tow monitors and just wondered how you got the 2nd to pull up programs.

Fixed

I got it.By trial & error

Comment

Originally posted by Donanita
      I am going to a paperless office this year and have 2 monitors.I have both hooked up but how do you open another program on monitor two.Not a tax question but I know some of you have tow monitors and just wondered how you got the 2nd to pull up programs.

In the upper right hand of the screen is a box that gives you full screen or minimized screen for the program you have opened. Reduce from full screen then drag the program to the second monitor. Then you can enlarge program to full screen again.

Comment

Paperless

I would be curious to know how you are setting up your paperless, i.e. program, scanner, storage, etc?

Thanks for sharing,

Sandy

Comment

S T

I have bought a Visioneer Strobe XP300 for my scanner which sits on the desk and I use BroadGun Printer.Also have two monitors so I can pull up last yrs return while doing this yrs. Have a external hard drive but am thinking about checking into a off site backup. Checked out X Drive and may sign up.Cost is $9.99 @ month.
          I have a OIH and space is limited, plus just spent two weeks shreading back yr returns so going paperless sounds good to me. Will just have to get used to not having hard copy in hand.

Comment

Software

Hi Donanita,

Thanks for sharing the info, what software are you using? My tax software has the capability of converting to PDF, but then they also introduce a new software which is all uploaded on line and then I can retrieve, but I think it is strictly for the Tax Software.

If and when I ever implement the paperless I would like to also do some other documents as well, such as some of the accounting, attorney papers, etc.

This is all foreign to me, and like so other posters, I resist some change as I do not totally understand the process, altho it sounds really good.

I am also looking at some of the off site data storage/backup alternatives.

Thanks

Sandy

Comment

Offsite Backup

I have "Backup Solutions" as my offsite back up. Their program automatically backs up every night. I'm going to see if, during tax season, it can backup every hour or so.
              This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Backup Solutions

Originally posted by BOB W
                I have "Backup Solutions" as my offsite back up. Their program automatically backs up every night. I'm going to see if, during tax season, it can backup every hour or so.
                Is this with a software or do they have a website? I would like to check it out.

Comment

Tax Software

Originally posted by S T
                  Hi Donanita,

Thanks for sharing the info, what software are you using? My tax software has the capability of converting to PDF, but then they also introduce a new software which is all uploaded on line and then I can retrieve, but I think it is strictly for the Tax Software.

If and when I ever implement the paperless I would like to also do some other documents as well, such as some of the accounting, attorney papers, etc.

This is all foreign to me, and like so other posters, I resist some change as I do not totally understand the process, altho it sounds really good.

I am also looking at some of the off site data storage/backup alternatives.

Thanks

Sandy

I use TaxSlayer Pro. Read a post that Billy O had about TaxSlayer Pro and checked it out last year. Price is excellent. My only problems is with k-1's I used TaxWorks in the past and price got a little to high.

Comment

Backup

The site is http://www.backupsolutions.com/
                    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
                    X