Marriage Counseling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marriage Counseling

I just had the need to look up the deductiblilty of marriage counseling. In Lasser's it says, marriage counseling is not deductible. How bout that!

Originally posted by Kram BergGold
    I just had the need to look up the deductiblilty of marriage counseling. In Lasser's it says, marriage counseling is not deductible. How bout that!
    But wait a minute! Half of what you do when you prepare a joint return is marriage counseling. Does that mean half your prep fee is not deductible?

Comment

file separate returns

I think it's deductible if it's the result of a physical injury, but only if you file separate returns.

Comment

No Jainen... its deductible only if you are filing as single.

Comment

Married filing separately/single

About 4 years ago, had a couple come in, new clients. Going over a checklist with
          them, getting answers, etc. I asked it they had children. He responded yes.
          She turned and looked at him and told him to step outside that they needed to talk.
          Shortly after, they came back in, picked up their paper work and left.
          What happened was, he had never told her about having a child.
          Don't know what happened after that.

Comment

after that

>>Don't know what happened after that<<

I can guess what DIDN'T happen after that!

Comment

Originally posted by Bird Legs
              What happened was, he had never told her about having a child.
              I would think the women would know if they had a child. Isn't it supposed to hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees
                I would think the women would know if they had a child. Isn't it supposed to hurt?
                Not if you're Madonna
                You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Working...
                X