Posting Messages???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting Messages???

How do you feel about registering to participate on this forum?

1. Unregistered guests should NOT be allowed to post messages.

2. Everyone should be allowed to post without registration.

3. We should all just Un-register.

4. We should just ignore posts by unregistered guests.
    Unregistered should NOT be allowed to post.
    33.33%
    Everyone should be allowed to post.
    56.41%
    We should all just Un-register.
    2.56%
    We should just ignore posts by unregistered.
    7.69%

The poll is expired.

Check %'s

At the present time, 6 have voted:

3 - 75%
    1 - 25%
    1 - 25%
    1 - 25%

I don't think these % are correct.
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

Open voting - multi voting - public vote

A registered voter can vote for any (or all) of the options but only vote one time. Also, if you click on the any result number shown you can see who voted for what. Its a put-up or shut-up vote.

Comment

Originally posted by OldJack
        A registered voter can vote for any (or all) of the options but only vote one time. Also, if you click on the any result number shown you can see who voted for what. Its a put-up or shut-up vote.
        Unfortunatley I didn't realize you could select more than one box . Old Jack you did a nice job with this poll . Almost as good as those that Black Bart was famous for.

Comment

The Multi-Choice option voting is on the screen before you vote as well as a notation that the voting is public. Sorry, if that was not clear to anyone.

Comment

I’d like to point out that ALL of us should be careful about using our real identity on this or any other tax message board. Any one of our clients could Google our name. If we were to use our real name on this board, they might read our discussions about their personal tax return.

That’s not a suggestion to post as an un-registered user, but that could be why some don’t want to register.

Comment

To all voters...

...securing the site for registered voters only add web features at a cost to the provider.

Would your answer be the same if the cost of a more secure website were passed on to the users?

Comment

The message board is already set up to allow or not allow un-registered users. Cost is not an issue here. I would prefer those who do not like un-registered voters to simply ignore their posts. The moderators can and do delete inappropriate postings, and those who continue to ignore the rules are banished from the board (including un-registered posters who abuse their privileges). If an un-registered poster is not causing any trouble, what harm is there in allowing him or her to express an opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees
                  The message board is already set up to allow or not allow un-registered users. Cost is not an issue here. I would prefer those who do not like un-registered voters to simply ignore their posts. The moderators can and do delete inappropriate postings, and those who continue to ignore the rules are banished from the board (including un-registered posters who abuse their privileges). If an un-registered poster is not causing any trouble, what harm is there in allowing him or her to express an opinion?
                  Bees the only problem I see is that when you get multiple UR's on a specific thread it becomes very hard to tell who is saying what. I know I get a little confused and am not sure who I am exactly responding to.

As for privacy of clients googling you , make up a name . I can tell you that my birth name is not sea-tax.

At least when JoshinNC posts as a UR he puts his screen name which everyone knows at the end of his statement.

Comment

I would prefer those who do not like un-registered voters to simply ignore their posts.
                    Strange that you did not vote that option Bees.

If an un-registered poster is not causing any trouble, what harm is there in allowing him or her to express an opinion?
                    The real question is why would the un-registered poster not want to be known? The forum allows fictitious names and I would guess multiple registration. Also by registering there is automatic log-in.

Comment

Yes, it would be nice if they identified themselves. Like I said, you can always ignor the UR poster. There is even a feature under your User CP that allows you to put people on your ignor list. You won't even see their posts if you do that.

Comment

Originally posted by OldJack
                        The real question is why would the un-registered poster not want to be known?

The real question is what harm is there in being an UR poster, if you put all URs on your ignor list? You won't even see their posts if you do that. Why don't you just ignor all URs?

Comment

There is even a feature under your User CP that allows you to put people on your ignor list. You won't even see their posts if you do that.
                          How would you put an unidentified person on your ignore list? Assuming that is possible it still does not help with the fact that comments are made and responses are given making it difficult to know just who said what. Sea-tax made an excellent point.

Comment

Ficticious names

I think you should be required to register with a ficticious name. That way the board manager can identify you and delete you if you are posting junk(ads) or obscene material. Obviously my real name is not Jiggers; nor is it related to any habit that I may or may not have!
                            Jiggers, EA

Comment

That's why I use Jan as guest name, at least you know who is posting the answers (which usually is wrong). I like whoever is using (♠♠♠♠)

Comment

Working...
                              X