Why switch from QF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheTaxBook or QF

I would love the opportunity to deisgn my office from the bottom up with the knowledge of my past experience. Certainly we can all make minor changes to our work environment.

The authors of this book have the ability to keep the best and improve upon format issues with a clean slate. I would love that opportunity. The authors have it!

The authors also write tax returns and any good accountant knows you can make enough cash during tax season to coast the rest of the year {don't tell my clients that} The authors obviously have a passion for this and are pouring 100% into making the most useful book ever.

I bought every desk a jumbo edition.

Comment

switched

When I went though the pile of industry mail that accumulated over the summer, I discovered where everyone was now hanging out, and I didn't think twice about switching over and ordering a Tax Book. It must be very exciting for you guys. Congratulations and Good Luck!!

Comment

Comparison

I'd like to compare QF and TF, but I've already ordered from QF. Frankly, I prefer to work with the "little guys", but really don't want to incur the costs of both. I've already received three of the QF volumes, Planning for Individuals, Businesses, and Accounting and Bookkeeping. I haven't spent much time with them. I ordered one of each of all their publications, and CEU. It did add up pretty fast ($492). In the past, I only ordered the 1040 QF each year and the Small Business and All States books periodically. I'm starting over again this year in a new state (FL), but probably should hold the cost down. I wonder if QF will take these back and cancel my order.

Comment

TMI vs QF

So lets just let the products stand on their own merits. They each have a message board. If we find an error in either product, post it to the message board. If the product really was a life saver and provided a quick answer that saved what was thought to be a time-consuming research task, then post that positive also. We'll see what results come out on the message boards as we enter another tax season. The answers to my earlier posts, I appreciate, and were good answers. (though I never said "don't trust large companies). To me the smoke hasn't cleared yet, and I'am watching and reading with an open mind.

Comment

Buy both?

One other option I'am considering is to buy both (I already have all the QF books). It will answer the question real clear. However the answer may end up being buy both. I went through this same thing a few years ago with Quickfinder vs the JK LASSER book. I used both and found they compliment each other very well. Some things that are not in QF are in lasser, and vice versa. I'am afraid thats what we may find happens here; that both books compliment each other. I'll keep you posted on my experience (if i go this route) and anyone else out there who ends up using both do the same. These books are worth the money. To be able to cut research time is exteamely valuable to us tax professionals. One quick test I plan to do if I get both, is simply go through the index's side by side. This should show which book is more through(sp). Thanks for all your input.

Comment

My two cents

I also am going to buy both OF books and TTB. I will compare. I'm very hopeful that TTB will be the one, because it would be nice not to have to buy so many books. I find that the QF accounting book is not what I wanted, the planning book purchased last year didn't seem to help me at all and I read every word in it.

My plea to TTB is to please state the obvious. Answer the what, where, how and then say "for you idiots this means ..." I really appreciate finishing the thought completely instead of assuming the next step is known.

It's like the writer that pointed out that there aren't many instructions in a public restroom. Everyone just knows what to do. Well, if you were from another planet, perhaps the toilet would be obvious, but would you know how to use the faucet?

Taxes are pretty alien sometimes.
              JG

Comment

TTB/QF& Klienrock

I too have purchsed both TTB & QF for the 2006 season. Added Klienrock to my collection last year, the $100.00 deal. Went thought the material shortly after there arrival. Good thing, I never opened them again. TTB, love you guy's, almost as good a google.
                Confucius say:
                He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

Working...
                X